Killer Croc bust

N&T productions Killer Croc bust, around 1/4 - 1/5 scale. Killer Croc, real name Waylon Jones, was a wrestler who had a genetic condition that gave him his crocodile like appearance. Turning to a life of crime he became an adversary of Batman and a member of his rogues gallery

The bust is finished in a mix of oils and acrylics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Glen10k
Grammar correction
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's very startling! The contrast between the greens and reds makes it vary dynamic. Actually, I think the paintwork is all very good. Keeping the lights and shadows consistent across the scales must have been a challenge.

The contrast of the greens are alot more than the pictures show, my phone tends to bleach out the colours. The was again preshaded with the airbrush then various shades of lighter greens misted on. The larger scales are lightened towards the centre and darker around the edges but this doesn't show in the pictures unfortunately. I also used oil filters of various greens and a bit of drybrushing with greens and yellows.

I take the photos with my phone which gives decent results however I notice that it doesn't show the true contrast that I achieve. The prime examples are the hellraiser busts, where if you seen them first hand you will see the veins showing through under the skin, this seems to get pretty much lost when photographing.

1 minute ago, Glen10k said:

The contrast of the greens are alot more than the pictures show, my phone tends to bleach out the colours. The was again preshaded with the airbrush then various shades of lighter greens misted on. The larger scales are lightened towards the centre and darker around the edges but this doesn't show in the pictures unfortunately. I also used oil filters of various greens and a bit of drybrushing with greens and yellows.

I take the photos with my phone which gives decent results however I notice that it doesn't show the true contrast that I achieve. The prime examples are the hellraiser busts, where if you seen them first hand you will see the veins showing through under the skin, this seems to get pretty much lost when photographing.

I had the same burnt out contrast problem with my camera and phone and discovered that my lights were too bright. And being daylight leds, they seem to have confused the camera light metering; maybe it's too blue?. I can stop down the exposure on the camera to get better results but using the phone I resort to reducing the lighting.

50 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I had the same burnt out contrast problem with my camera and phone and discovered that my lights were too bright. And being daylight leds, they seem to have confused the camera light metering; maybe it's too blue?. I can stop down the exposure on the camera to get better results but using the phone I resort to reducing the lighting.

It's amazing how different a picture can look depending on the lighting, I've tried a few things with lights on and off, different backgrounds etc but I really need to look into it more.