Ukraine MiG-29's and Su-27's v Polish aircraft?

jpk

First, Poland has officially denied that it will send any.... but who knows what happens in the back....

Then: these aircraft need to operate from somehere within Ukraine in at least a timely safe manner. You can count on Rusdian long range strike on any known base/ shelter immediately...

Polish or for that matter currently operational Polish, Slovakian, Bulgarian or even Serbian MiGs and Suckois to stay within Europe are only limitedly upgraded, so any decently proficient pilot will adapt very quickly if instructed the differences. 

I'd aslo think that currently Ukraine neigbous would not easily give up their own defenses... but then, when the US is replacing their equippment to the better... maybe they can be convinced!

who else operates suitable equippment that could be delivered and immeditely put to use by the locals?

Georgia? Armenia? Kazakstan?  Iran again.... like in Iraq? unlikely.... India, - unlikely, ....

not too many contries left that could donate functional ex soviet equippment in numbers actually.... maybe L-39s could play a role? 

Poland indeed should haev a sizable fleet of MiG-29s in storage..... they should be good for a couple of hours of combat until definitely bound to earth... what happened with Hungarian MiG-29s actually? 

Lost cause I'm afraid. I don't think they would last more than 1 sortie to begin with. 2nd...where do you fly them from and maintain them. Any airfield left in the Ukraine will definitely be disposed of post haste by the Russians and 3rd... to fly them from any other country let alone a NATO member would bring that participant(re: NATO) in to the fight.

Further down the rabbits hole as the saying goes! It's a no win situation I afraid.

Stop.

Slow down and calm.

The last week was a rush! Driven from the voice in Ukraine. We can not give up everything for a rotten policy over decades which was cazsed by the two conflict parties themself. Both sides.. 

No plane can reach Ukraune without starting an overall conflict.

It reminds on the August 1914.

Happy modelling 

• Like 1

Gents, let's not go there. I can already hear the mods gathering outside the door here. Let's keep personal views out of it. I'd jump at the chance to voice my opinions but this isn't the platform to do so. 

To keep on topic: As for differences in actual airframes, I read somewhere that the Polish Migs would need to go through a cleansing process... Im purely speculating here but maybe NATO sensitive equipment - comms/IFF etc. that Polish jets have that Ukrainian counterparts aren't fitted with? 

I'm sure that once that's dealt with, there would barely be a transition to deal with for pilots. A quick orientation flight and a briefing on slight differences. I couldn't imagine flight characteristics varying much if at all. 

Again, purely speculation on my part though. 

• Like 4

• Julien locked this topic

Locked:

• Its nothing to do with Modern Military Aircraft Modelling - post in the right place.
  • The subject matter is both contentious and unverified
  • The Mods really, really, really are not going to be bothered refereeing another Ukraine/Russia thread.
  • Its not modelling, its not worth it, and its time to take the hint.
  • We will just lock these threads and topic starters will take an enforced break.
  • Like 3