Beemax Lancia S4 1/24 "Henri Toivonen"

So small update. Engine in place and next thing is little paint work for details and wires to engine. I need to say that carbon fiber decals are really thick and Tamiya softener is not making major difference. Shape of decals is not optimal either.

Rp6Iomd.jpg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

I finally have some time for modelling and can continue with this. Basically engine area is ready. Photos will follow tomorrow. I started to work with front suspension and I did dry fitting. Looks drive shafts are too short. @Andreas.R did you notice this in your build? Also I have serious doubts about some paint instructions.

p?i=44fd9f17f3048a7bc5bc30462ec7f154

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

back in this project. Some decal work going on. I really must say that decals are not best possible. These are really thick and need lot of softener to go in place. Also some decals are not exactly correct in size.

EOKkl8I.jpg

And I think Kevlar pattern is too dominant to this scale.

TaRFFMw.jpg

• Like 8

Small progress here basically kevlar decals are done and engine area is ready. One support part is missing. There is also some small areas to repaint, but nothing serious. Front suspensions needs carefully fitting that central part of underneath protection will fit correctly. This is new kit, but needs careful test fitting and thinking of building order. But this is definitely possible to build.

yFzYaaR.jpg

• Like 8

On 6/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, Vesa Jussila said:

I finally have some time for modelling and can continue with this. Basically engine area is ready. Photos will follow tomorrow. I started to work with front suspension and I did dry fitting. Looks drive shafts are too short. @Andreas.R did you notice this in your build? Also I have serious doubts about some paint instructions.

p?i=44fd9f17f3048a7bc5bc30462ec7f154

Hello Vesa, sorry for the late reply!

The drive shafts are actually too short, a compromise because the front axle is steerable and the wheels are rotatable. However, this is hardly noticeable in the model.

Some parts are really out of scale, especially the meshes for the air vents, or are missing entirely! For example the connecting pipe from the tank cap to the tank at the front. The tank cap should be glued to the front hood? Which looks bad with the front hood open. With this model you have to check every detail carefully! Much is unusable - and would have been just better done on the styrene cast parts.spacer.png    the replaced meshes and added tank details.

• Like 1

Just small update. I got some bench time today and I added decals to dashboard. I am really struggling with seat belts. I think need to get replacement parts for this. Actual belt is basically impossible to get inside PE parts.

p?i=04bff53da9501421826f117e77f127a9

• Like 9

The problem I find with PE belt parts are they are usually smaller than the width of the provided ribbon.  And when cut,  the ribbon then frays at the ends making it hard to thread through the buckles etc . 🙄  Try the masking tape method I have discussed with you @Vesa Jussila

Gary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I followed Gary's advice and used masking tape to create belts. Not perfect, but I think these are usable when body is closed.

Good work, they should do the job. You can also try the old method of Rennaisance instructions; cut strips of the foil from good french wine bottles. Can be shaped quite well when placed in the car. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I followed Gary's advice and used masking tape to create belts. Not perfect, but I think these are usable when body is closed.

p?i=d9f6dccbf047b7614e1d406641ab1b89

They look very good Vesa . Like you say , once they are in the car they will look right . 

Gary

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello Vesa!

Very nice built!

One advice: Do not glue the 2 big air inlets on the rear hood before spraying, otherwise the decals will be very difficult to attach.

spacer.png

Regards

Andreas

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Did you see the real version of your kit has just sold for £1.6 million at auction  !!!! 

Lancia 037 £ 1 million 

Audi S1 E2  £1.8 million 

Gary . 

I bought them all. Just waiting for them to be delivered..... :whistle:

:rofl2:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2