P-38 Lightning "Glacier Girl" rescued from the brink again!

As the real aircraft was rescued from the ice, this kit got rescued from nearly ending up in the bin! Given how awful this kit was, I am kind of amazed that it turned out even looking half as acceptable as it does, even with my meagre modelling skills. From nearly being thrown away partially built, to actually earning its place on the shelf.

Build thread here -

DSC-0484.jpg

DSC-0489.jpg

DSC-0490.jpg

DSC-0491.jpg

DSC-0494.jpg

DSC-0496.jpg

DSC-0497.jpg

DSC-0500.jpg

I hope you all think it's worthy and approve of the rescue mission.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Well done - it's always nice to be able to bring something back from the brink of being dumped! There's always something satisfying from using proper modelling skills to resurrect a project. Lovely P38.

Cheers, Andy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robstopper said:

I'll definitely never complain about the buildability of an ICM Spitfire kit again after this one! 😅

Blimey, it must have been hard work if that's the case!  Cracking save, sir.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Blimey, it must have been hard work if that's the case!  Cracking save, sir.

At least ICM's sprues look like they're from the same kit. The top and bottom halves of the wings/cockpit pod, even tho they came off the same sprue, looked for all the world like two different manufacturers kits. Shocking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robstopper said:

The top and bottom halves of the wings/cockpit pod, even tho they came off the same sprue, looked for all the world like two different manufacturers kits. Shocking.

This sounds similar to the Matchbox Meteor NF14 that I'm building.  Some serious Friday afternoon work went into that one.