LRDG Chevy truck

Tamiya 32407 1/35 scale

LRDG command car

I'm not sure if I'm brave or foolish posting this after Carius' recent excellent example of this model, but this is my take on this classic Tamiya kit.

I originally intended to go for a very worn and battered look, but I was reading a book about the LRDG while making the model and from the text and images it appears the vehicles didn't suffer too much damage, so I've gone for a more subtle approach.

They seemed to get through a few of them, but it was maybe more due to mechanical issues caused by the harsh desert conditions that took there toll.

I took some artistic licence with the stowage colours to create a bit of variety, and I've also seen the recent post questioning the use of large oil drums. It would appear they may not have carried them, but mine was already glued in place so, for better or worse, it stays!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 25

One of Tamiya’s greats in my opinion, well apart from the tires, which always seem to crack. A great job, I like your approach, that these would be well looked after and did not last long enough to get too heavily weathered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...