1:72 Kora / LF Models Japanese Baika II and Baika III injection moulded plastic

LN-KEH

Kora / LF Models have released Kawanishi Baika II and Baika III injection moulded plastic kits in 1:72.

Looks like a cross between a manned V-1 and the Japanese Baka kamikaze weapon.

https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5_73&products_id=3861

KPK72146.jpg

https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5_73&products_id=3862

KPK72148.jpg

Edited by LN-KEH
correcting
  • Thanks 1

• LN-KEH changed the title to 1:72 Kora / LF Models Japanese Baika II and Baika III injection moulded plastic
On 3/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, Violet Club said:

No pictures of the sprues ?

Kawanishi Baika Type I Model: KPK72141

KPK72141_1.jpg

Kawanishi Baika Type II Model: KPK72146

KPK72146_1.jpg

Kawanishi Baika Type III Model: KPK72148

KPK72148_1.jpg

Yeah, those pics look like they're all of the same spures.  But, the LF site has 'em labeled as being unique for each kit.  So...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a Type I and a Type III.

Same sprues, as expected.  The difference being what parts get left on the sprues in your building the different variants.  These are basic and simple little kits.  Well enough done and look to be simple enough builds.

The Type I was apparently meant to take off from a runway and thus used landing gear that was dropped upon becoming airborne.  The attachment locations for the gear leaves plenty of room for your creativity - i.e. there is none.  So, a bit of judicious judiciousness is in order there.  Otherwise?  The kits look fine enough rendered.  The proof will be in the building but I'm not anticipating much problems there.