PK-114 - BAC Lightning F. Mk. 2A/6 - Enzo's descent into madness Chapter 4

I could send you a set of my spare Matchbox No. 74 Squadron decals Enzo, although knowing you, you've probably started the 2nd kit already! 

Let me know if you want them, however I am going away for a week from this Sunday, so you need to be quick with your answer. 

Now that's got me thinking... I've never owned this Matchbox kit so how do I have a set of decals for it? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

The F2A kit is now well on the way as you can see.

spacer.png

Construction is identical to the F6 so I will only document this one during the painting stage. 

spacer.png

With the F6 I used Jammygog tape to represent the painted lines on the belly.  With this one, I thought I would use the same tape but in a more traditional manner.  I sprayed the belly black and applied the tape to mask off the lines.

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I sprayed the undersurfaces of the F2A in a similar manner to the eariler F6.  I then sprayed the wing uppersurfaces black and masked off the walkways with Jammydog tape. The uppersurfaces were then sprayed with Xtracrylix XA1001 Dark Green.

spacer.png

• Like 6

On 3/13/2022 at 10:09 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

I wonder if that might be a valid method of reproducing a natural metal finish.   Spray the whole thing in gloss black primer.  Then mask off and spray various panels in medium grey, light grey and white.  Finally overspray the whole thing in thin translucent coats of the silver colour.  

That's pretty much how it was done in the old days using Rub'n'Buff for natural metal finishes.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Rub'n'Buff.  There's a blast from the past! 

Just be careful when you Goggle it, I got into very hot water with Mrs Jockney,  when the images appears, none of which I was expecting !  :chair:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Just be careful when you Goggle it, I got into very hot water with Mrs Jockney,  when the images appears, none of which I was expecting ! 

A few years ago I built a 1/144 Vickers Viscount from S&M Models.  I thoroughly enjoyed building it and decided to google S&M Models to see what else they did,

I am still in therapy.  :yikes:      

• Haha 3

Descent?  You'd need a long ladder to get back up as far as regular madness :mental:

Oh, and if you're building a model, it probably looks fine.  I'm only here to sling insults ^_^

• Haha 1

Hi @Mike

Can we persuade you to join this little GB, we're struggling for build numbers :wink:

You haven't got Barry Sheen's Suzuki kit in the stash by any chance ?

We only need that kit to complete the full back catalogue 

cheers Pat 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

You haven't got Barry Sheen's Suzuki kit in the stash by any chance ?

We only need that kit to complete the full back catalogue 

Eh? Je ne know pas what that means. :owww:

• Haha 3

Nice progress on the two Lightnings Enzo and really good to see the Green F.2 coming through as well. I copped a similar ‘wide eyed’ Mrs RL look after I purchased a set of Fantasy Printshop decals direct from the UK, thankfully that was an easy one to explain. Yes, we now have a Single Seat Viggen in the mix, two 1/32 109’s, this Bismarck and Dauntless as well. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They look brilliant Enzo, another two excellent results from your prolific Matchbox GB contribution. Excellent stuff. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1