MiniArt T-34 85 in 1/35 from plant 112 in 1944

dov

Hallo

This is my 4th T-34.

The first one was from Dragon without interior.

This one is from MiniArt the T-34 85 from plant 112 in 1944.

I built two, the 76 and 85 from AFV. The kits are far-out not so detailed as the MiniArt ones.

Here I am amazed about the details and accuracy. After building quite some MiniArt kits, I know the pattern of shortcomings.

If you know them, they do not matter. At my first MiniArt tank, the T-60 I got crazy about them.

·        Holes are sometimes too small

·        If you have locating pins you must deepen holes, or enlarge them in diameter

·        Locating cuboidal embossments are sometimes difficult to recognize before cutting the part from the sprue

·        The instruction here you must be careful reading the direction of arrows

Today I got also well along. What did I do?

At the start I took Friul tracks. Since the links have no pins from the kit!

Here I had some tracks in storage, so for this tank I will use an early track. For the second T-34 I will use a late track.

There is one issue, where I am not sure. The discrepancies in colors in instruction of AFV vs. MiniArt.

MiniArt claims for the rear hull the red ant corrosion color like Minium.

In the front the blue grey at the floor and white for side walls.

Some equipment at the side walls in blue grey also.

The cover for the suspension axles at the floor in white.

Well, does anyone have a guideline for the interior color system of Russian tanks in WW2?

Now, it is funny I like this kit. I have a very quiet place, unnatural quiet, but my wife is in quarantine because of a positive PCR Test for Covid.

Even my dog stays with her, so it is absolute quiet.

Not sick, not ill, just reading in a room isolated.

What you can see until today is plastic work, my finished tracks, the side walls and suspension, wheels and engine all done.

Tomorrow I will finish up my gear box actuator and some interior. Afterward I will spray the first time at this kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Happy modelling

• Like 3

That is a fantastic kit.  I recently finished it up (in January).  I used Friul tracks on. mine, but the ones you are using were not produced after 1941 so would never have appeared on this tank.

The assembly of the Miniart kit was very straightforward and engineering was excellent throughout.  The only really fiddly part that I can recall were the mounts for the external fuel tanks.

As for interior colours, there seems to be many different opinions as to what is “correct”, so I went with what appeared the most often that I saw or what looked right to me.

T-34/85 50331507376_6e79928b87_b.jpg

I’m sure mine isn’t 100% correct, but very little is visible after completion.

51854894874_df4c2c104f_b.jpg

• Like 5

@f matthews, thank you.

I will in this case make an argumentation: The tracks were replacement in the field.

In my case I realized, that the tracks from the kit are nearly impossible to assemble, and I oversaw the different types of tracks too.

All my shortcomings.

The next T-34 will have the proper tracks. The Su-122 the early style.

Well, my last order from Friul is just on the way!

Happy modelling

• Like 1

Hallo

This is my last entry on this thread. I finished it.

Turret photos during assembly I did not do. You will get them on my last T-34.

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4