Bruised, Battered and On the Beach – New Tamiya Phantom (Modified)

10 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

Oh my Bertie!!!!!!! :gobsmacked:  This is one of THE most impressive presentations I have ever viewed on this website.  So many of what others post are stunningly beautiful but I would say this is the most unique ( along with being absolutely beautiful 😉 ).  I cannot find enough adjectives to accurately describe this Phantom that you have shared with us here.  After being inundated with so much bad news of late, this was certainly a welcomed change.  

Bravo good sir!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

Thanks Mike. I'm very pleased to have cheered you up a bit. 

I like to add a bit of Bertie Oddness to a build so when I read "unique" in your comment, you cheered me up too. 😊

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I think Andy's work needs looking at again, people.

@Andy Dyck is a master. Never a dull build and unmatched in diorama realism :worthy:

41 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Thanks Alan. It gives me a very pleasant feeling to know that you of all people like the storytelling! 😊 

Thank you, I'm touched ☺️ if you don't/haven't write/written yourself, I'd say it's another talent you should allow to flourish!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alan P said:

Andy is a master. Never a dull build and unmatched in diorama realism :worthy:

True. I posted that @Andy Dyck diorama to spread the word, and to keep my head from swelling from all these lovely responses to my Phantom.

1 minute ago, Alan P said:

Thank you, I'm touched ☺️ if you don't/haven't write/written yourself, I'd say it's another talent you should allow to flourish!

I enjoy writing, everything from letters to reports and to posts here. I've done a couple of short stories too. I think it can be considered a similar process to model making; assembling words into sentences is gluing pieces together to make sub assemblies. You can spend many happy hours researching and adding detail, while trying to keep the whole project in mind too. Perhaps weathering is the editing phase where we unify the parts into a flowing narrative?  (See @HAMP man's comment above.)

• Like 3

Seen worse*. Could have done with some visible signs of upchuck in the cockpits! Seriously, another cracker, Bertie.

(*It was a Tonka, plastered over the North German countryside)

Did you ever finish the Vulcan or did I just miss it?

Bill

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BillF67 said:

Seen worse*. Could have done with some visible signs of upchuck in the cockpits! Seriously, another cracker, Bertie.

Thanks. I did consider some staining on the pilot's seat but it would have obscured the interesting 'NO STEP' stencil. 😂

3 minutes ago, BillF67 said:

Did you ever finish the Vulcan or did I just miss it?

Bill

No. It died from my chronic lack of aircraft mojo.

Everything already said, but i must tell again: brave project, excellent execution and astonishing result.

Best regards Djordje

Edited by djos
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alan P said:

@Andy Dyck is a master. Never a dull build and unmatched in diorama realism :worthy:

Oh friends,

I appreciate your comments very much, but please not too much flowers!  I think we are all from the same wood, as we say here in Germany. 
 As we all know we all have success , but sometimes also failures. But to tell little stories is a nice thing and we can dream away for some hours.

Thank you very much! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Thanks. I did consider some staining on the pilot's seat but it would have obscured the interesting 'NO STEP' stencil. 😂

No. It died from my chronic lack of aircraft mojo.

You could do a diorama with it - the sunken Vulcan from Thunderball, complete with sharks?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I ate three individual pies and saved the little foil cups but I only used about a square cm of the stuff. What a tragic miscalculation!

You can never miscalculate eating pies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

All that is missing is some Hendrix backing music. Phantastic story telling through some phabulous modelling. 

There you go.

It's a strange and horrible racket to me, but those were mad times and I guess it fits.

44 minutes ago, shortCummins said:

first class build, paint and story

the battle damage looks spot on

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Thanks John. 

It's surprised me how many people have mentioned liking the story, which was actually written quite quickly and solely to explain the various mods on the model. The warm response has me considering a WIP which would include a longer story, posted in weekly installments to accompany a build of a diorama which would illustrate the final scene. It would be a rather odd thing to do, and that makes it almost irresistible to me.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Abandoned Project said:

The crumbs could be sandstone or limestone rocks and the chocolate could be used for mud marks on your AFV's.

I should have said a moddelling need for empty biscuit wrapping.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I should have said a moddelling need for empty biscuit wrapping.

I was curious as to why you would want to use biscuits in your modelling. Empty biscuit packets? That's easy, tent fabric for dioramas. 

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Thanks John. 

It's surprised me how many people have mentioned liking the story, which was actually written quite quickly and solely to explain the various mods on the model. The warm response has me considering a WIP which would include a longer story, posted in weekly installments to accompany a build of a diorama which would illustrate the final scene. It would be a rather odd thing to do, and that makes it almost irresistible to me.

that sound like a very good idea,

do you have a story ready to go or will you make one up to suit a build as it goes along?