FV214 Conqueror Mk.II

54 minutes ago, Mike N said:

Looking great! I was keen to get some figures for the same reason but couldn't find any marketed as being of that era: which have you gone with?

Mike

There is a set from Valkyrie for a BAOR tank crew.  I figured that as long as I don't paint the DPM camouflage pattern, they should be close enough for a 1960s crew.    Little bit expensive though...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

There is a set from Valkyrie for a BAOR tank crew.  I figured that as long as I don't paint the DPM camouflage pattern, they should be close enough for a 1960s crew.    Little bit expensive though...

Crikey, that's more than I paid for the tank! I wouldn't do them justice...

• 1 month later...

Oh no!  Disaster! 

This is finished and very pleased with it I am!  However, before I managed to take the final pictures, I seem to have lost the commander's cupola assembly!  :wall: 

Every time I picked the model up, the cupola would go whizzing off somewhere as it was not attached.  So...   I put it somewhere for safe keeping.  Can I remember where?!?!?!?    I have stripped the workshop down looking for it, all to no avail.  :fraidnot:   How on earth can I lose something like that.  It's a not insignificant chunk of resin.  

Should I post the model in the gallery without it?  It'll just look weird.  Or I could post it after the poll goes up. 

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!   :badmood::suicide:

• Sad 2

Any sign of the cupola yet? I was hoping you'd carry the Conqueror baton over the finish line as mine has stumbled :D 

Regardless, I hope you'll share some more pictures of the (almost) completed article, it was looking really good!

Mike