Volvo F6 Beavertail Transport - Update!!!

This build came about by converting and scratch building, the old Italeri Volvo F6 Fire ladder kit. I had bought this a couple of years ago at a exhibition together with other second kits. I did not know what to do with the kit, until recent. So, it is no more a fire truck but an old beavertail machine transport carrier. I see many most enthusiast convert old and sometimes new trucks into other types of  themes to suit their intensions. This might carry a lot of load but ,we'll consider this a private farmer or truck company wanting to have easy access to transport small and medium size machinery to their destination without renting. I was thinking of adding a Volvo F16 but not too sure.  I used the Volvo italeri kit. But now I see there is an Iveco kit as well, which are very similar to each other. Almost identical.

volvo_f6_beavertail-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail3-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail2-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail4-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail5a-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail6-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail7-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail8-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail8a-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail9-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail10-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail10a-vi.jpg
volvo_f6_beavertail11-vi.jpg
https://images46.fotki.com/v1671/photos/0/3821280/16437532/volvo_f6_beavertail12-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 31

3 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Stunning!!! It looks really like a 1:1 with a perfect weathering 

Marco F 

2 hours ago, Graham T said:

Go away!  That's the real thing!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, PAUL67 said:

Excellent work there…I like the seat covers and the general weathering you have achieved…..very convincing…

Paul

Thank you kindly Paul.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Incredible, are you sure it is not photos of the real thing? Your skills are awesome!

Cheers

John

Thanks John. Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Another cracking build. Great paint and weathering.

Glad you like it. :)

34 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

What a beauty, your skills in weathering and lifelikeness astound me.

Brilliant

Kind of you. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Incredible, are you sure it is not photos of the real thing? Your skills are awesome!

Cheers

John

You're right, it looks like an original but the laminate sheets  on the pics proofs it's really a model ,with another backdrop everyone would have been fooled 😇😂

I'll guess

Marco F 

25 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

You're right, it looks like an original but the laminate sheets  on the pics proofs it's really a model ,with another backdrop everyone would have been fooled 😇😂

I'll guess

Marco F 

:)

Mannnn that is just ever so nice! I absolutely love it. The conversion itself, but that weathering is so well done too! This is brilliant and very inspirational. 

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

Mannnn that is just ever so nice! I absolutely love it. The conversion itself, but that weathering is so well done too! This is brilliant and very inspirational. 

Kind words and inspirational. Thank you. :)

38 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Got to agree with everyone else, this is stunning just like all the models you've posted have been.

My gratitude Jeroen. :)

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is quite brilliant, the wear & tear on the rear deck is so realistic, I'm utterly blown away with this.

Steve.

Thank you so much for your point of view. I appreciate it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some updates. The list reads as follows: 1. Added two tool box, one on each side. 2. Air tank on the left front side with support brackets. 3. Tyre recess or support bracket/s. 4. And most important, stabilizers at the rear. ( thanks to Håkan Zaar, for this tip). The stabilizers are hydraulics. Simple manuell construction. 5. Extra platform supports for vehicles that are too shallow for the front lower section of the transport.

beavertail_update-vi.jpg
beavertail_update1-vi.jpg
beavertail_update1a-vi.jpg
beavertail_update2-vi.jpg

beavertail_update-vi.jpg
beavertail_update1-vi.jpg
beavertail_update1a-vi.jpg
beavertail_update2-vi.jpg

• Like 4

• tiking changed the title to Volvo F6 Beavertail Transport - Update!!!