IRGC SU-25K

The Su 25 have always caught my eye, and I can't really explain why. Maybe I just think it looks brutal, specially when full loaded. 

I'm planning to make this kit as a Iranian Su-25, well-armed with rocket pods. The decals and instructions says it's overside is painted in FS20400 (sand from asia minor) and FS 20117 (a red/brown colour I dont know?) and the underside is painted in FS35414 (a blue'ish green). I think this is the Iraqi colours, but dont really know, so if someone know, please let me know :) 

I was planning on doing it in "full" Asia minor minor scheme (Sand,brown,green and grey), maybe I'm still going with that plan, because I supposed I can used the same decals, since the ID number for the aircraft does'nt change if the plane gets a new colour coat?  

Anyways, the kit does look fine, not much flash, the panellines is a bit crude to my eyes, but not the worst I've come across :) Looking forward to see how it comes together - lets get started

The kit:

y4m4vPP7_TbnJndIyUC2tketpBAv840Cmky8K-IW

The aftermarket parts (Rocket pods, mask, seat, stencils and pitottube):

y4mW3N4hPUSKkehz-eTRetO20wGdBJGpF7RCMVc-

The sprues:

y4mOhQdIDYn-NzAS-5rftpTAzkLNuRq-4qhDjMuu

The decals:

y4mmvWqo0iV1pg-xjhxJ_jvN81WCkU-0_WAdZVUQ

• Like 10

The assembling of the cockpit has begun. It is very sparse, few raised detail on the sides of the tub and something on the sides of the fuselage. 
To be able to install the seat, I removed the original seat rest on the button, and made a new, slightly lower, I did also remove the consol in which the controllever would sit, because otherwise the seat would'nt fit. Then I had to fit the "top" on the instrumentpanel, and I just can't see how Zvezda have intended one to do it. My solution was to make it hallow, so it would fit over the IP. So far, this kit look like its gonna be a challenging one ;) 

The 'pit' with my homemade seatraiser :)
y4mXeQ6BpMBoMr4AyuXq7fLNnur1flZSNG5Yt1Ad

The Pavla resin seat - look good to me :) 

y4mY8qMzCBkyHJ8bjivHKVn0qFkb9fyLQrx2dHB7

The "top" hallowed out

y4mn95-YvU_a9duDZCpaf8PpnAHD12MWukKige0x

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Good start to this one F. Your chosen scheme is an unusual and interesting one as well :speak_cool:

Thank you, but it turns out that it might be a bit problematic one. Apparrantly it did never exist in that scheme, it is a fault.

So now I have a problem, since I don't have the spares to make "a real one". I've seen Linden hill makes a set, where "Black 54" is a part of it. Maybe I'll have to buy that then. 

• Sad 1

Ah drat. That rather spoils your plan. Although Linden Hill certainly do make a selection of nice decals for this subject.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:55 PM, Col. said:

Ah drat. That rather spoils your plan. Although Linden Hill certainly do make a selection of nice decals for this subject.

Yes, that was a bit annoying.. But I have ordered the Linder hill now, så hopefully they will arrive soon - the build continues

• Like 1

Still going strong :) This kit does not have great fit, and the instructions are not good either. But slowly it comes together. There's going to be used some mr. surfacer soon to cover to gaps over the exhaust, and the rings in front of the intakes.

:)
y4mLBU-DWqzgAN4FLjDhSZga98qfAWKVs7pLkzWX

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Was wondering what this kit was like, it’s certainly a great subject. Am keen to see your build take shape.

It is OK I guess. some things are quite good and decent, others are not. But for a 1/72 scale model, I think it looks good. The fuselage, engines and wing had very good fit, needing nearly no filler. til vertikal stabilizer however... 🤦‍♂️ 
But considering the price of the kit it is fine ;) My biggest concern ATM is the poorly detailed wheelwells. 

• Like 1

• fmichelsen changed the title to IRGC SU-25K

Nice project!!

Most, if not all Iraqi/ Iranian Su-25s ended up in Iraq again when they were provided as aid in the urgency to fight Isis several years ago!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Nice project!!

Most, if not all Iraqi/ Iranian Su-25s ended up in Iraq again when they were provided as aid in the urgency to fight Isis several years ago!

Yes I've read that somewhere as well :) 

Time just flies :) I've painted the beast, and given it a clear cloak. However, just as much as I enjoy AK real colours, I dont like their gloss varnish. It hardens incredibly fast, but it's just not smooth enough. Maybe I'm doing something wrong 🤔 
I'm have been in the long proces of putting on decals, and the aftermarket stencils, there is just so many. Both sides, and top is now done - pylons, fueltanks and belly to be done. I think it will turn out good after all :) 
y4mnkc0O79w2T7VXt6pAv2V3kLRzbsMSJyN54Bmh

y4mRQ5BXOr_HTFElELcTRyXuRqs3GGbTemjhIeTk

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I did completely forget to put this one up. It has been finished for a few weeks, if not a month 🤔 I'm pleased with the result, but I'm however there are som issues here and there. But I think it suits my Iranian airfleet :) 
y4mTcgICZZL-cKZxFn7AWhbVUt6BJg_l76fhD9O3

y4mP_QIrxXb7-30dAYsx-7sZlDeb8yOOsc2xV9PY

y4mba8kq16MXaIh3pZEY7EvKXtLdDOBcyGylZRd_

y4mmflCEshVx4T7aXaOJSWTDAUpg_AcjAXfkiOXt

• Like 9