Porsche 911T Police

More superb detailing Jorgen, they are excellent! 

On the subject of glossiness, I've never been able to use 2K as I spray in the house - so I always use 'model' paint, my favourite now being Mr Color laquer. I know it's all very subjective, but to me it gives a better 'scale' gloss when cut back and polished. 

Keith

• Like 2

Some lovely internal details, the fire extinguisher and dragon lamps look great as does the rest along with your seatbelts too.  Fantastic work. 

The paint looks great too, well done for taking the risk and winning.  Great job .

Chris

• Thanks 1

More brilliant details.

On the subject of "glossiness", I agree with the previous comments.  Back in the day, cellulose paint would have been the norm.  Good finish, but not ridiculously shiny.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Trevor

• Thanks 1

@silver911 @keefr22 @bigbadbadge @klubman01 @Vesa Jussila @John_W Thanks a lot for your kind words gentlemen.

Also it is nice to see that many of us are considering the problem with gloss, and sometimes too much gloss. Actually, if this had been a single solid coloured 1970 911 build, I wouldn't have used a clear coat at all, I would just have sprayed with automotive acrylic lacquer and given that a light polish. But with masking for two colours and then decals with carrier film onto black surfaces, a clear coat seemed more or less unavoidable. I did think of using my digital cutter to cut paint masks, but I feared when the white signs would cover the black I would still have too much of paint edges. But then it's all trials in preparation for the next project... 😎

5 hours ago, John_W said:

Amazing work. Will you be doing the empty coffee cup and scrunched up sandwich wrapper in the door pocket?

Ah, I forgot about that 👍, and the wraps from the hot dogs... 😎

• Like 4

During the day I have finished the interior up to the point of fitting the seats. I had completely forgotten there should be frame/box keeping the suitcase of track marking equipment in place, so I had to make that in hurry. The seats will be next to go in.

911_82.jpg

911_83.jpg

Sadly, the whole lot would always be covered under a blanket, folding down from the rear shelf, something like this...

911_84.jpg

But no, I will not do that... I will experiment with something hinting of the cover folded back.

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, silver911 said:

There is no way you can contemplate covering up all that effort to achieve such superior detailing 😱

I'll have to agree with that sentiment!

• Like 3

I have got to agree with everyone else,  that detail in the equipment in the rear of the car is far to good to cover up.  If I'd managed to make what you have, I would be turning the Porsche into a speedster just to show it off😅🤣 - Andy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seats and dashboard have been glued in place. The steering wheel is only dry fitted for now; I'll have to remember that...

911_85.jpg

911_86.jpg

I'm also experimenting with painting thin kitchen foil to make the rolled back cover blanket.

• Like 17

That all looks tremendous! 

Our AFV modelling friends use tissue paper soaked in PVA to make blankets, just in case your foil experiments don't work.... :)

3 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

The steering wheel is only dry fitted for now; I'll have to remember that...

Indeed, Officer Stig won't be too pleased if it comes off in his hands! 🤣

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

While paint was drying on the blanket cover piece I started work with Bare Metal foil on the bodyshell, using Chrome, Aluminium and Black.

911_87.jpg

After the foiling was finished some of the detail painting was done. It's quite slow progress...

911_88.jpg

911_89.jpg

• Like 13

I rarely paint anything advanced inside of a closed 1/24 bodyshell like this. Just brushing the basic colours, adding some touch ups later as exterior parts like the headlights are added.

911_90.jpg

I have also finished the exterior detail painting, I think, including the black of the front and rear window rubbers.

911_91.jpg

911_92.jpg

The rear cover blanket next. The kitchen foil; sanded 1200 grit on both sides and sprayed grey on one (top) side and a lighter grey on the other (under) side was carefully glued along the edge of the rear shelf.

911_93.jpg

I decided to try to fold it back and forth two times, following impressions I got from reference photos, gluing down the folds. To avoid sharp folds of the very thin foil I used some round bars to fold around. After a little bit of fiddling around I had this result. The rearmost corners are pressed in a little to fit against the inside of the body that narrows towards the rear screen, and those corners therefore bulge up a little, not too far from what I can see in photos.

911_94.jpg

911_95.jpg

I think I'll get away with that, actually I quite like it.

911_96.jpg

• Like 11

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Me too! It all looks superb, really excellent modelling! :)

Thanks Keith!

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

That's a great result! Btw when you say "kitchen foil", do you mean the alu foil or something else? 

Thanks Jeroen. Yes indeed the thin aluminium foil. There are some different versions with varying properties out there, so some trials might be needed. I was lucky with the one we had in stock.

• Like 1

The windows are in. All side windows in the kit are quite thick and a bit crude, I also wanted the driver's door window lowered a bit, so I cut them all from clear sheet plastic. The last interior details were fitted to the inside of the roof.

911_99.jpg

Then the wipers were fitted. I think it's time to mate the two main sections now. After glueing that steering wheel...

911_100.jpg

911_101.jpg

• Like 11