1/72nd RAF Armstrong Whitworth Argosy C.1. Mach2 kit. Finished

Mr T

That looks, well, I hesitate to say 'beautiful, as it is an Argosy, but it looks very nice indeed! I'm tempted to buy one of these and do it in the desert camo.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

Thanks, the Argosy is probably best described as 'rugged'. I was torn between which colour scheme to use, but given that realistically I will only build one Argosy I went for the early scheme. I have a RugRat Andover that is going to be in the Light Stone/Dark Earth scheme. I think the days of imagining building multiples of big kits are virtually over for me, if I want to get done a lot of kits I still want to build. 

My rule for Group Builds is to only build stuff from the stash or something I would have bought anyway. 

It's not a bad kit, provided you don't mind cleaning parts up and are patient. 

• Like 1

Just found this WIP MrT so apologies for my tardiness...😃. Great to see some fine work here on what are known to be labour intensive kits, a great pity really as their subject matter is bang on the money. I have the 1/72 Airways Argosy and it looks like it has been run over by a tractor, the material is that thin it is almost like a negligee..:gobsmacked: as pointed out by Frank on another build so I am torn between 3 choices, Mach2, AWV or Magna, talk about a poor choice but I am uplifted by your comments above.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:16 AM, Mr T said:

RugRat Andover

Oh my envious heart beateth..😉 that is my holy grail of kits to find, I have a couple of 'Hen's Teeth' but no Andover...🤪 so I will look forward to you hopefully doing a WIP on this kit.

Onwards and upwards MrT, lovely work.👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the very kind comments. Possibly the big advantage of the Mach2 kit is that it is injection moulded with a good thickness of plastic. The plastic itself is fairly hard, if a little brittle. The Argosy is not light, especially once the nose weights are in. 

So far it has given me a lot of pleasure, if tempered with a bit of frustration. 

The RugRat Andover looks a challenge as in mine there is a huge mismatch between the rear fuselage halves that will require the use of a saw to fix. The wheels may also be a bit too large, but not sure about that. 

Never thought I would see Argosy and negligee in the same sentence. I am now seriously distracted 😜👗🛩️

• Haha 3

All being well, this is the last entry in the build thread. The Argosy is standing on its own two (or should that be three?) own feet and has had a coat of mixed satin and matt varnish, so once the masking has been removed and any touching up done, I am going to call it finished.  Picture taken before it was varnished.

52198416369_c262e657ff_c_d.jpg

• Like 10

• Mr T changed the title to 1/72nd RAF Armstrong Whitworth Argosy C.1. Mach2 kit. Finished