Shackleton MR.3 wheel wells etc

Meatbox8

So the new Revell kit gives the option of aircraft with or without Vipers?  Darn, I've been trying to find reasons not to buy it in a vain effort to keep the ever growing stash down. Already have the Airfix MR.2 and Revell AEW.2 in the stash and the old Frog on the bench.  No idea where I'm going to keep them once I've built them (which will be in about 10 years at the rate I'm gong at the moment). 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 3:06 AM, 71chally said:

Helped reassemble it on site,

51914839822_87bc617c7b_b.jpg

Avro Shackleton MR.3 Phase III WR974 K by James Thomas, on Flickr

In the MR.3s earlier service career, the undercarriage legs and wheels could be seen in aluminium finish aswel.

You've just given me an inspiration for what I can do with a wrecked Frog MR.3 ... You wouldn't by some fortunate chance have some other shots of WR974 in broken-down state?

On 03/03/2022 at 17:06, 71chally said:

Helped reassemble it on site,

51914839822_87bc617c7b_b.jpg

Avro Shackleton MR.3 Phase III WR974 K by James Thomas, on Flickr

In the MR.3s earlier service career, the undercarriage legs and wheels could be seen in aluminium finish aswel.

This is a great shot!

Is the rear of the main wing spar in Interior Grey/green?

Would that same color be repeated in the rear fuselage as well?

55 minutes ago, Christer A said:

Would that same color be repeated in the rear fuselage as well?

Yes, in the exposed (non insulated) areas which is from the galley bulkhead/door aft to the tailcone. 

The nose to the cockpit bulkhead is black, the crew stations from the cockpit bulkhead through to the galley is fully insulated and is a cream colour finish.

I have got some pics somewhere, but my model of an AEW.2 illustrates what I mean,

26193300295_f84c84b9eb_b.jpgRevell Shackleton AEW.2 kit by James Thomas, on Flickr

@Admiral Puff just seen your question, if you PM me your email address I can send you some pics, I don't think I've got too many more though.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1