Westland Lynx Mk.23, Argentine Navy, Falklands '82, 1:72 Hobby Boss

Very nice Alex,..... good choice. I did one years ago for a magazine article using the old Airfix kit,..... but your`s looks ace!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a fine model! I have great respect for helicopter modellers. You must be extremely skilled to build such a fragile artwork.

• Thanks 1

Excellent build and finish Alex. The Hobby Boss kit is an improvement on the very old Airfix kit but still has some issues. Congratulations.

Have you seen there is a Falklands 40th Anniversary Group Build due to start here on BM?

Colin

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, heloman1 said:

The Hobby Boss kit is an improvement on the very old Airfix kit but still has some issues. Congratulations.

Have you seen there is a Falklands 40th Anniversary Group Build due to start here on BM?

Hobby Boss' Lynx has a lot of issues, for example too high rotor head, too long main gear legs, bad nose shape and many more. I`ve tried to correct most of them, but it`s not easy. There were also some plastic cast inaccuracies and fit issues, so overall I don't rate this kit very well. That's not good news for me, because I had RN Lynx HAS.2 from the same kit in my plans. 😖

Oh, I missed that Falklands Group build. Thanks!

• Like 1