PK-352 HMS Duke of York

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Ross

Have you had a chance to do anymore since we last heard from you ?

Cheers Pat

More has been done, going slowly cos I don't know what I'm doing with ships, will update Friday.

• Like 1

And thank you @JOCKNEY for getting us a two week extension, as you can see it is definitely needed but completion is coming closer.........

spacer.png

• Like 3

Finally all the deck detail is painted, funnels are on and it's starting to look like a ship...........

spacer.png

• Like 3

It's looking great Ross and just the fiddly bits left to do!  They can be quite fun, and hopefully not 'too much of a good thing' on a big battleship :winkgrin:

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The fiddly bits are done and it's going in the gallery ASAP.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235104470-matchbox-50th-anniversary-gallery/&do=findComment&comment=4430728

A few notes............

1) My first warship since the days when I used to pull the bits off the sprue and tube cement them together

2) Straight from the box, just a few horizontal join lines on the superstructure filled. It would have been good to have some impression of the bridge windows but nothing is provided.

3) A colour scheme from late 1941 rather than the camo worn during fitting out shown on the box, wood decks Tamiya XF-55 Deck Tan, main colour Tamiya XF-75, metal decks XF-24, both greys probably a bit light to be exact matches but chosen for scale effect.

4) Helpful to have some reference photos as the instructions are a bit vague about placement of some parts

Edited by rossm
Added Gallery link
  • Like 1