Tamiya M10 IIC Achilles

Cheekykiwi

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngI've painted the M10 IIC  Achilles in AK Real Colors SCC 15 then sprayed it with Tamiya clear after that some pin washes of W&N  raw umber and lamp black then Vallejo  matt varnish only on the upper and lower hull so far/drive sprockets and idler wheels.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Npal21 said:

What's the white/light colour on the idlers? What did you thin the AK Real Colour with? 

The white on the idlers is actually Vallejo steel its just the reflection from the flash and I thined the AK Real Colour with Tamiya  Lacquer thinner  retarder type.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cheekykiwi said:

The white on the idlers is actually Vallejo steel its just the reflection from the flash and I thined the AK Real Colour with Tamiya  Lacquer thinner  retarder type.

Ah that explains it. It looked like fine masking tape. I used the same AK colour and used mr colour levelling thinner.  Your paintwork and detail painting looks great. Keen to see more!

2 minutes ago, Npal21 said:

Ah that explains it. It looked like fine masking tape. I used the same AK colour and used mr colour levelling thinner.  Your paintwork and detail painting looks great. Keen to see more!

I can take a better photo of the idlers if like.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Milan Mynar said:

Nice model you built from this kit. NIce painting and weathering.

Thank you I've based the weather on M4 Sherman's in Italy  because most of photos show them to be extremely dusty because this Achilles is from 93rd anti-tank regiment, first infantry division  in Italy October 1944 and its hard to find photos of the Achilles at this  time  period so I went for the next best thing which is the M4 sherman. 

Thank Henry