Replacement canopy for 1/72 Airfix Canberra PR9?

Dominic McEvoy

Afternoon all.  Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket canopy available for the Airfix PR9 in 1/72, please?  I've tried Googling without success, and Airfix don't have any spare sprues.  I'm after one as it appears that my dad robbed the one out of the kit I inherited, probably to replace one that his Carpet Monster devoured...

Dominic,

You might try contacting Revell for a replacement canopy, as they did a PR9 boxing, most likely the Matchbox kit. A Frog BI.8 kit would also have the same canopy as the PR9, and you could use it as a master to vacform a clearer replacement, or use as is.  (See the link below for a possible source for an  Aeroclub vacform canopy, C010) . Xtrakit also did a PR9, and since Xtrakits were produced/distributed  by Hannants, perhaps they might have an incomplete/damaged kit from which they could take a canopy. Finding a Novo/Frog BI.8 kit would provide a canopy, but would be an expensive way  to get one.

Mike

http://www.joesmodels.com/AEROCLUB_72_CANOPIES.htm

2 hours ago, Dominic McEvoy said:

Afternoon all.  Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket canopy available for the Airfix PR9 in 1/72, please?  I've tried Googling without success, and Airfix don't have any spare sprues.  I'm after one as it appears that my dad robbed the one out of the kit I inherited, probably to replace one that his Carpet Monster devoured...

PM me and I'll get one off to you. 

John

• Like 2