FV439 Ptarmigan Triffid Radio Relay Detachment 1/24

Wogga

After 30 years of thinking then over 4 years learning CAD and 3d printing I finally have produced a personal memory capsule , along with a few 1/35 prototypes on the way, a 1/24 Triffid detachment complete with full interior of this BAOR Royal Signals detachment usually deployed as part of Divisional and Brigade Armoured headquarters. Only light weathering as these 'panzers' were well maintained and had a critical inspection schedule because of the radio installation. I doubt if one of these was ever ploughed up and down the pylon line on the Soltau-Luneberg Training Area. The donor kit is the excellent Kit Form Services FV432. Enjoy the images.

IMG_5107

IMG_5119

IMG_5118

IMG_5117

IMG_5116

IMG_5115

IMG_5114

IMG_5026

IMG_5029

IMG_4943

• Like 62
  • Thanks 4

Really? Are you sure that interior is correct?  Herforder? No self respecting Scaley (Scaly?) would have had Herfie if they could get hold of Grolsch! Maybe they'd been out in the area for a couple of weeks and were getting desperate.

Bloomin' marvellous model.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Just a quick question, what green or mix did you use for your colours?

Ivan, it is Hannants Xtraacrylics XA1816 British Khaki Drab straight out of the bottle thinned with their thinner for the airbrush. It’s works for me.  Hakata IRR Green is also good but needs lightening a tad imo. I used Hakata IRR Black on this.

5 hours ago, Natter said:

Really? Are you sure that interior is correct?  Herforder? No self respecting Scaley (Scaly?) would have had Herfie if they could get hold of Grolsch! Maybe they'd been out in the area for a couple of weeks and were getting desperate.

Bloomin' marvellous model.

Grolsch? REMF bier 😂 I had a few bad experiences with Grolly didn’t suit my metabolism.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Wogga said:

Ivan, it is Hannants Xtraacrylics XA1816 British Khaki Drab straight out of the bottle thinned with their thinner for the airbrush. It’s works for me.  Hakata IRR Green is also good but needs lightening a tad imo. I used Hakata IRR Black on this.

Thanks mate, I have the IRR green  but couldn’t stop myself messing with it to much🙄😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wogga said:

Grolsch? REMF bier 😂 I had a few bad experiences with Grolly didn’t suit my metabolism.

Too right.  Yellow handbags were just the right size for stowage bins, Grolsch came in bloody great crates which was OK if you were on the ARV.  And besides, Wolfgang sold Herfies so it was easy to replen.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Wow, that's impressive. What a lot of detail you have included!

Do you plan to do anything with the tracks? They look rather unfinished compared with the rest of the vehicle.

Yes they are rather deflated and need pumping up, but I agree they need a bit more grime and the pads need touching up despite being grimed up already it sort of dried up to nothing.

Nice! Once upon a time, many moons ago, I spent a summer while at Uni working as a gofer and behind the bar in the NAAFI at Bournemouth Barracks in Soltau. I remember once walking to work to see most of my clientele leaving barracks in their vehicles on one of those sudden exercises. Lots of noise! But a very quiet evening in the bar…

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 12:04 AM, Julien said:

Very nice, not often you see a 439. My only niggle is the tracks, especially the right one seem too loose.

Yeah it does need a bit of air, i need to decide on more weathering on the tracks then i will tighten them to the correct once i find my King Dick kit and grease gun.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...