TA-7C CORSAIR HAF Hobby Boss, in scale 1/48.

Stunning model Giannis - I enjoy it very much. Superb detailing and finish and the weathering looks great - those birds did look very worn!

How did you correct the awful intake area in the kit? 

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baldy said:

Stunning model Giannis - I enjoy it very much. Superb detailing and finish and the weathering looks great - those birds did look very worn!

How did you correct the awful intake area in the kit? 

Cheers

Malcolm

Thank you all for your Kind words.

Malkom first of all I replaced the front part of intake area with ones (same part) of Hasegawa, as photos below.

icu1p1G.jpg  bbTXsJU.jpg qnkyOmo.jpg

Then I applyed and formed milliput in the low part of Hasegawa΄s intake part area and brought it in correct shape.

YyqtkmW.jpg 

• Like 7

The level of realism and the crispness of the detail is really top level. Moreover the paintwork and finish as well as the realistic weathering make this model great. The pictures are worthy of closer study. I am amazed.

Jay

• Thanks 1

Amazing.  You could give a masterclass on Hellenic weathering.  And full marks for adapting the Hasegawa nose to the HB kit.  That had to be a handful.  How HB screwed up the nose and canopy on such a well-documented machine is one of the top five modelling mysteries of the early 21st Century.  

• Thanks 1