Airfix 1:130 Cutty Sark

Airfix 1:130 Cutty Sark

Gday my BM mates... Something totally new that I haven't tried before - an old tall ship, the Cutty Sark.

I purchased this for my Father in Law some time back when he retired but over the years his eyesight and fine hand skills were going so I offered to make it for him.

I learnt a whole lot of new skills, especially rigging and sails but I must say, it was the most tedious part of the build and took many hours. I kind of settled with where I got as I was starting to question how long I was actually prepared to play with string for !!

Hope you like it, WIP is here:

Cheers

JJ

• Like 47
  • Thanks 5

On 3/5/2022 at 7:53 PM, Maginot said:

That's come up very nicely

Thanks mate

On 3/6/2022 at 3:23 AM, Baldieplod said:

Marvellous ....

Cheers mate

On 3/6/2022 at 6:18 PM, stevej60 said:

Superb job

Cheers Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Love this kit built it a few times over the years for relatives, might get another one for myself hope i make as good a job as you have looks fantastic well done 👏 

15 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wow!

Cheers mate, see my reply to you in the WIP, I think you're Victory build will suck me in !!

Actually just built a RAN Oliver Hazard FFG modelled off the last ship I served on. Will be posting that over the weekend. Also built a 1/350 Tamiya USS Enterprise but awaiting a cabinet to be made up so I can situate the aircraft, and then will post. I'm actually starting to get hooked on ships !!

Edited by JJ2016

• 2 months later...

Really nice work!

I got tge same last December, unfortunately the quality was not as good as expected (a lot of flashes) but still trying to get on with it.

Hopefully I get it done as well as u did (I might "steal" at some points from your build....)

Be Well

Igkor

• Like 1