Inspiration Gallery - Previous Builds

Adam Poultney

Here are some I did since starting GB back in 2019.

DSC03502-crop

Airfix Hampden

DSC03409-crop

The old Airfix Wellington Mk III

DSC03082-crop

Planet Models resin Avro Manchester - that was interesting.

DSC02862-crop

A second mould Airfix Lancaster converted to a Lincoln

And finally the one that started me off in the Frog GB

DSC01911-crop

Avro Shackleton MR3 with improvements such as Viper jets under the outboard engines. Hopefully I should finish a Wellington Mk II and a Whitley Mk V in this GB and a Halifax Mk II in the Matchbox one. I may even build a replacement Stirling.

Pete

• Like 10

Here are some pics from my submission to the V Bombers GB of a fair few years ago in the 2010s.

I modified the Airfix Vulcan (original issue, obviously!) to depict VX770, the first Avro 698 Vulcan to fly. I think every major component was modified in some way to get there: shortened nose, straight wing leading edge, new trailing edge control surfaces, and Flightpath B1 conversion (even that had its tail cone re-profiled). A labour of love :)  Looking forward to seeing this GB's entries!

Mike 

IMG_20220227_151757_HDR

IMG_20220227_151724_HDR

Edited by Mike N
  • Like 7

1-D4644-D1-35-E1-4-E44-AA76-158-B6-FAC91Still in WIP but nearly there Airfix  1/72 HP O/400 converted to an airliner.

31-B9-C94-D-D353-4-D4-F-9-F4-D-5-F4-D1-C
1/48 Roden DH4a; a large aeroplane  in its day.

76698455-9-C5-D-404-E-AABB-5-BB8737691481/48 scratchbuilt Supermarine PB31 ‘ Nighthawk’,  a huge aircraft in its day.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 10

The Rolls Royce that I'm building, will be my fourth.  Here are the other three (all 1/32).

• 1909 Silver Ghost (Pyro)
  • 1928 Phantom I (Matchbox)
  • 1942 Armoured Car (Roden)

AVvXsEiVkb0RjhN2QwC05w-62NFyPqIDiiXFmYWl

Cheers

• Like 7

My most recent build is the only one that would have fit in this GB, it was originally started in the High Wing last year and finished over last weekend in the KUTA. heres some glamour shots I took in the nice weather yesterday for the gallery

Airfix 1/72 Short Sunderland, with the aftermarket catalogue thrown at it.

sK9p-vQZC-CSQb44SYAnUjK_4ASzy3jpc0tmzz1d

Emhugnt9RAuoY7AQrlVn17JJLBROkxY3mxI-PCF0

NM506MSIBf9pQ35UGmDjgMByCrdRMHA7psvJWzpq

J-0OnUC9PEIIx4Q0GxrP6hv5RjIH2pU0PR9itQG6

Edited by Ravnos
  • Like 8

A couple of mine...

The second issue Airfix Lancaster, finished as the second prototype.

IMG-5105.jpg

IMG-5108.jpg

The venerable Airfix Stirling, a straight out the box build.

IMG-2092.jpg

Here's the two alongside a still to be finished Airfix Halifax. Too far into the build to fit in here, it will have its day at some point.

IMG-2142.jpg

The mid sixties Revell Lancaster, also an out the box build. The rivets on this one would have the skin of your hands if not handled carefully.

IMG-1573.jpg

And to finish, yet another out the box build, this time it's the old Airfix Wellington. I'll pick up a new issue at some point. 

20210811-102903.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished in the Matchbox GB, The Matchbox Wellington. I thought it would fit nicely with the last picture in the post above. 

I'm on a bit of a Wellington roll at the moment with the arrival of a new release Airfix kit. In theory I can make a kit history of the Wellington if I apply myself a bit. It would mean tracking down an early Ayrida wooden one, restoring a FROG Penguin version I have waiting and adding them to the Airfix and Matchbox versions. Quite a line up. It might even happen one day.

IMG-2505.jpg

IMG-2502.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Loving your work, @TonyW. The Lancaster - Halifax - Stirling trio is a "must build" for me. I could do with getting my behind in gear for my Halifax for this GB though. (I particularly like your prototype Lanc!)

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

Loving your work, @TonyW. The Lancaster - Halifax - Stirling trio is a "must build" for me. I could do with getting my behind in gear for my Halifax for this GB though. (I particularly like your prototype Lanc!)

Thanks, the Lancaster was built for the Classic Airfix GB a few years ago.

Joining in with Group Builds has got my kit completion rate right up. They give me just the right amount of shove to push past that 'put it back in the box, and finish it later' feeling.

Saying that is all well and good, but it's not getting my Whitley done for this GB!

Best I crack on there, the clock is ticking...

Tony.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...