Hi everyone!

Mycapt65

My name is Ron and I'm coming from another popular forum because of invasive adds. I've been here many times and know several members from the net. I hope to learn some and return as much as I can to benefit the community here. Looking forward to meeting a new good bunch of guys. Here's a picture of my cabinet and you can get and idea of my entry level.

Be well all.

Thanks for having me.

Ron Stearns 

Ps nevermind I can't post pictures without a url. I won't use hosting sights. 

Sorry for wasting your time.

2 hours ago, Mycapt65 said:

My name is Ron and I'm coming from another popular forum because of invasive adds

:welcome: Ron, please buy more models.

Ps nevermind I can't post pictures without a url. I won't use hosting sights. 

Mind us asking you why?

Sorry for wasting your time.

:bye:

5 hours ago, Mike said:

:welcome: Ron, please buy more models.

Mind us asking you why?

:bye:

Photo hosting sites are littered with adds, watermarked and often short lived. Mostly I'm tired of being marketed to and being used to market to others. If I'm wrong point me in the right direction. 

Gidday Ron @Mycapt65, I'm using Flikr and have been for nearly four years. I find it easy to use, although my son had to set it up for me because I'm not computer savy. I get 1000 free photos stored and if there're any adds on the site they're rather unobtrusive because I haven't noticed them. And there's no watermark on the photos. HTH. Regards, Jeff.

7 hours ago, Mycapt65 said:

Photo hosting sites are littered with adds, watermarked and often short lived. Mostly I'm tired of being marketed to and being used to market to others. If I'm wrong point me in the right direction. 

They don’t affect my use of post images, yes there are some but they are not obtrusive and can easily be ignored. They are not like those in YouTube they are on the periphery and not right in front of what you’re doing. I was wary to but I learned that I can’t post pictures in here without a photo host and which ones are better than others, why I use post images. 

Thanks all, I'm really having a problem paying for a photo hosting site. Other forums I belong to don't require it. I read through the 6 pages of how to post pictures and it's dizzying. It's a shame that I can't see BM working for me. I might as well pay to remove the add from the other forum if I have to pay to post pictures here.

Gidday Ron, I repeat, Flikr is free for the first 1000 photos. If you sign up with them I'll talk you through how I use it. 

But not tonight, it's gone 11pm here. Time for my beauty sleep, which I'm told doesn't work for me. 😁

Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1

For what its worth I use Imgur, its a free photo hosting site thats unlimited as its also a streaming service. The upside is if I figured it out it cant be too hard. Two they have the option of private or public viewing. I use private about 98% of the time which means only those I share a link with (here). I tend to use the App on my Iphone but can use the desktop as well. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle