Jet Provost T4

Whenever you were around airshows in the 80s there would be a Jet Provost somewhere.  Rarely the star but always around.  To be honest I really intended to do a T5 but spotted this Fly T4 kit.  Now most T4s were gone by the 80s, but not at RAF Shawbury.  They carried on in glorious red & white until 89.  The kit doesn’t include that scheme, but does include XR673 in her retired grey scheme, so a little switching about of decals an she was backdated.  Also had her extra under wing ariels added from her Shawbury days.  Got her out in a little sunshine today

RfCNS8q.jpg

fFmXHA5.jpg

5xwyyzu.jpg

BSxzDfr.jpg

GfVo3d9.jpg

pDlHOlX.jpg

And with my other two red & white jets - Chippie still to come

KvD33CY.jpg

9AxvYeU.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 38

Just now, speedy said:

A great little kit rarely seen. You’ve done a great job there.

Cheers - not a good kit if you are just starting.  It’s very much short run style with no locating pins and not the greatest fit.  Nice bits of resin though

43 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Fantastic! Lovely looking JP. Brings back happy memories seeing these circuit bashing at Shawbury 😁

Cheers - Glad I have done it justice & it’s the way you remember them

25 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Great looking JP. It looks good out on the pan, and the shadows from those figures certainly add to the picture.

Thanks Pete - I like to try and get the door frames to throw shadows but the sun wasn’t in a great place today.  But things always look better in natural light

10 minutes ago, neilspen said:

Nice finish. The setting in front of the hangar doors is amazing. Is the hanger scratch built or a kit? Cheers Neil

Thanks Neil - the HAS is my scratch build general purpose set up.  I have another 1/48 scratch shed too.  I did start a Type C hangar but that is a bit too big!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Very nice! Proper trainer colours. I’ve got the Fly T.3 in the stash, hopefully it turns out as nice.

Is that a 1/48 Dominie!?

Cheers.  I have had to learn the differences between T3, T4 & T5 JPs when building this! I think dayglo stripes qualify as proper colours too.

Yes that’s my scratch built Dominie.  Looking a bit dusty & rough now but still the only way to get one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This looks lovely,  great work, love this scheme.

I have the T5 kit in the stash, I think, it's a while since I have seen it though.  

A great group photo too, Wow a scratched Dominie too. Wonderful. 

Chris

Cheers.  I am thinking Chipmunk & maybe a Bulldog to round it off.  Would like a Jetstream but that would be another scratch project and as ever time is in short supply

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...