Beaufighter, question on ROG TF. X

Zack

Hi, 

There are 2 IP's provided in the kit, #6 & #113. 

Instructions call for #113, this is a "flat" item and seems to be the better choi e for the supplid decal. 

But is this correct? 

Stay safe, stay sane! 

Zack

28 minutes ago, fishplanebeer said:

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question and what ROG means so are you referring to the FROG Beaufighter TF10 perhaps, or am I missing something? 

Regards

Colin.

ROG is Revell Germany and most likely the Beaufighter is Revell’s newish 1/48 kit. Wrong scale for me though so can’t answer the OP question

• Thanks 1

Without seeing photos it may be hard to clarify, however this base kit was also issued as a Mk.IF Nightfighter so perhaps there is an alternate IP for that version. Might be best sticking with what Revell suggest. 

Cheers.. Dave 

I've just checked the instructions on Scalemates for the Mk X and there doesn't appear to be a part 6 in the kit unless Revell have updated the kit with new parts which are not shown. Part 113 is the instrument panel which has a decal for the instruments so presumably this is the way to go?

Regards

Colin.

DearAll,
Thank you for taking your time and taking interest in this question.

The kit is  the Revell # 03943 Bristol Beaufighter TF. X in 1/48.

Here the IP panels.

2v2aLerAox6eHcV.jpg

The kit comes with an optional nose part to be fitted, one that seems to be a radom.

Not sure if fitting this would require the flat door behind the gunner (O143) to be replaced with R17 shown below:

2v2aLerByx6eHcV.jpg

I will try to get some pictures up in In Progress when the primer has dried.

Best regards

Zack

9 hours ago, fishplanebeer said:

I've no idea why the kit you have has these two ip's but if it was me I'd use the one on the left as its detail appears crisper, better defined and more realistic.

Regards

Colin.

While researching torpedo dropping methods in the FAA recently, I came across a device called the Torpedo Director Type F fitted to the Barracuda. That led me to consider fitment of that same equipment to the Beaufighter torpedo fighters. I found a diagram of a TF.X instrument panel that showed it. It was a dial about 4in in diameter with a shiplike switch set on it that was turned to change torpedo settings before dropping via a black box somewhere. It appeared in the left hand column of instruments. Looks like it is on both panels above set at an angle.

Looking through Beaufighter cockpit photos few seem to show it. A future research project was to find out if it was fitted to all TF.X or just Torbeaus. It would be wholly unnecessary for any night fighter.

So there probably should be two Beaufighter instrument panels. But other than one of the above appearing crisper, both look identical to me. I suppose the question that only you can answer is, how much of a rivet counter do you want to be given the scale of the model?

Just another rabbit hole to run down I suppose!