Azur 1/72 Cierva C.19?

k5054nz

Hi all,

For several years Scalemates has had this kit listed under A050 with a release date of "201z". Does anyone know if it's actually in the works? Or if any other manufacturer is tackling it in 1/72 (hoping for a Mk.III)?

Edited by k5054nz

You shouldn't take at face value the Scalemates publications. As they never properly cite their sources it's often difficult to evaluate the quality and the veracity of their informations. That's why I consider Scalemates just as a warning bell and never as a reliable source of informations. Crosschecking is thus imperative.

To the best of my knowledge Azur stopped operations around 2017.

By the way, the Scalemates publication to which you refer: https://www.scalemates.com/fr/kits/azur-a050-cierva-c19--100667

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

You can follow them on http://frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

With FRROM concentrating on aircraft from France, Romania and Belgium as injection moulded kits in cooperation with Special Hobby,

I think the 1/72 Cierva C.19 is an unlikely candidate for them.  

It looks more like something that will appear as a resin or printed kit from a smaller manufacturer.

• Thanks 1

Actually Azur issued one Cierva C.19 a long time ago: I have one I purchased in 2001.

It is a product very similar to other Azur / MPM / special hobby kits of that era.

Currently there are a few different boxings of C.19s issued by RS models 2-3 years ago, can't comment on their quality but they are at least available.

Cheers

Fabio

• Like 1

Did Azur release the actual Cierva C-19 or the LeO not-quite-the-same licence build?  I have the Azur LeO, and I know that other versions of this autogyro differ in various ways.  I suspect that the version as kitted is at least closer to the C-19, more so than later LeO examples, but I'm not sure quite how identical.  I think good enough to work with, if you can find one now!  Perhaps a new engine and prop would be needed, depending upon which way they went around.

If the RS models are recent, rather than earlier re-releases, they should be quite good but perhaps not as much so as the Azur.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Whirly said:

Actually Azur issued one Cierva C.19 a long time ago: I have one I purchased in 2001.

It is a product very similar to other Azur / MPM / special hobby kits of that era.

Currently there are a few different boxings of C.19s issued by RS models 2-3 years ago, can't comment on their quality but they are at least available.

Cheers

Fabio

Hi Your not mixing the C19 up with the C30 are you? Both RS and Azur did the C30 but not the C19. The 19 is a very different aircraft to the 30.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Apart from the engine issue (7-cylinder Genet in C.19/C.30/Avro Rota and Siemens Halske in Focke Wulf vs. the 9-cylinder Salmson in French LeO), the main difference between the C.19 (so far not modelled in 1:72) and the C.30 (released in many boxes by Azur and RS) relies on the roll and pitch control method.

The C.19 has airplane wings with ailerons, and the C.30 has a tilting rotor - like the later Wallis and Bensen gyroplanes.

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• k5054nz changed the title to Azur 1/72 Cierva C.19?
7 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Apart from the engine issue (7-cylinder Genet in C.19/C.30/Avro Rota and Siemens Halske in Focke Wulf vs. the 9-cylinder Salmson in French LeO), the main difference between the C.19 (so far not modelled in 1:72) and the C.30 (released in many boxes by Azur and RS) relies on the roll and pitch control method.

The C.19 has airplane wings with ailerons, and the C.30 has a tilting rotor - like the later Wallis and Bensen gyroplanes.

Cheers

Michael

The C.19 and C.30 are very different beasts. If someone released a 1/72 kit of the C.19 I'd dearly love to see it, I know several have been done in various scales of the C.30/Rota/etc.

I'm sorry for the confusion! For some reason C.19 seemed the correct designation and I immediately thought to the more common C.30, also kitted by Azur.

"Think twice, submit once" 😉

Cheers

Fabio

• Like 1
  • Haha 1