ICM 1/48 Mustang MkIII

I really like this one Dogtail. The outside pictures are superb! You can't beat natural light for a touch of realism I think. 

Are the decals the ICM set that came with the kit? Seems to me ICM do very good value for money kits. You definitely sorted out the droopy wings! I like the very restrained weathering and the invasion stripes look excellent.  Well done! Thanks for showing this. 

Regards, Andy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

I really like this one Dogtail. The outside pictures are superb! You can't beat natural light for a touch of realism I think. 

Regards, Andy

Thanks Andy and for all the likes.

It was all straight from the box except for some etch seat belts. The kit decals were excellent.  Apart from the wing issue it was fairly straight forward. Just have to be careful with fitting the cockpit section as the location points are a bit airy fairy.

The ICM paint scheme instructions show red bands on the nose and spinner. That's incorrect for June '44, so I ignored those.

Only problem with photography in strong sunlight is that it accentuates the tiniest of defects which were unnoticeable under artificial light.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...