1/72nd Airfix Vampire T.11,...... Another 45 Sqn aircraft, but the early variant without ejection seats and framed canopy!

Hiya Folks,

To add to my 45 Sqn collection, here is a second Vampire T.11, but this time the early variant without ejection seats and a framed canopy, but it does have the later. larger fins. I used the High Planes conversion set, but did not use the early style booms and fins as the aircraft that I was depicting had been upgraded with the later, larger fins. The unit insignia came from a Hornet kit and this aircraft indeed used to help convert the pilots from Hornet`s to the interim single seat Vampire`s,...... before Venom`s took over.

Here is the High Planes conversion set,...... having used the seats and one canopy,...... I can still use the set to convert another Vampire using some spares box seats;

DSCF2482.jpg

Here is the model;

DSCF3289-NEW.jpg

DSCF3293-NEW.jpg

DSCF3324-NEW.jpg

DSCF3284-NEW.jpg

DSCF3285-NEW.jpg

DSCF3281-NEW.jpg

DSCF3303-NEW.jpg

DSCF3308-NEW.jpg

DSCF3310-NEW.jpg

And here it is with the earlier model that I built, depicting a later T.11, fitted with ejector seats and with the fighter bars on the booms, as worn by the units Venom`s;

DSCF3319-NEW.jpg

DSCF3316-NEW.jpg

DSCF3295-NEW.jpg

DSCF3299-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 73

Yet another beautifully executed No.45 Squadron replica Tony and nice to see this conversion built up in model form. It makes a nice subtle difference to the base kit offering and will hopefully sell well for an enterprising AM accessories producer. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Folks,

To add to my 45 Sqn collection, here is a second Vampire T.11, but this time the early variant without ejection seats and a framed canopy, but it does have the later. larger fins. I used the High Planes conversion set, but did not use the early style booms and fins as the aircraft that I was depicting had been upgraded with the later, larger fins. The unit insignia came from a Hornet kit and this aircraft indeed used to help convert the pilots from Hornet`s to the interim single seat Vampire`s,...... before Venom`s took over.

Here is the High Planes conversion set,...... having used the seats and one canopy,...... I can still use the set to convert another Vampire using some spares box seats;

DSCF2482.jpg

Here is the model;

DSCF3289-NEW.jpg

DSCF3293-NEW.jpg

DSCF3324-NEW.jpg

DSCF3284-NEW.jpg

DSCF3285-NEW.jpg

DSCF3281-NEW.jpg

DSCF3303-NEW.jpg

DSCF3308-NEW.jpg

DSCF3310-NEW.jpg

And here it is with the earlier model that I built, depicting a later T.11, fitted with ejector seats and with the fighter bars on the booms, as worn by the units Venom`s;

DSCF3319-NEW.jpg

DSCF3316-NEW.jpg

DSCF3295-NEW.jpg

DSCF3299-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

you are the best

Alain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neilspen said:

A veritable Vampire fest. I am loving your work. 

Thanks Neil,..... glad you like them mate,.... cheers.

3 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Yet another beautifully executed No.45 Squadron replica Tony and nice to see this conversion built up in model form. It makes a nice subtle difference to the base kit offering and will hopefully sell well for an enterprising AM accessories producer. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,.... I`ll get all of the 45 Sqn stuff out and photogarph them together again when it gets warmer.  Yah it is a nie conversion,..... I added the resin rear booms before I realised that this actual aircraft had the later style,.... so I had to take them off and re attach the kit ones!! Too much on the go and took my eye off the ball!

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Stunning work as always.

Words fail me.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,..... well I`m glad you like them mate,.... I wouldn`t go as far as stunning mind you! 

2 hours ago, Doc72 said:

They look both great!

What's your opinion on the High Planes conversion set? I wondered if it could be used to produce a night fighter Vampire (with the radar nose scratch-built).

Thanks mate,...... yes it is a great conversion set and with some mods to the nose, radar boxes in the cockpit etc it should prove to be a good basis for a night fighter.

34 minutes ago, MACALAIN said:

you are the best

Alain

Thanks Alain,..... well you are very kind mate,........ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lovely work Tony. The earlier style canopy, especially on the NF.10 is so reminiscent of the Mosquito that it you can easily see the lineage.

Not surprisingly, I've made a North Weald scheme Vampire T.11 from this Airfix kit: XH313, their Station Flight aircraft, I believe.

This Airfix kit is a real gem. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, David A Collins said:

Lovely work Tony. The earlier style canopy, especially on the NF.10 is so reminiscent of the Mosquito that it you can easily see the lineage.

Not surprisingly, I've made a North Weald scheme Vampire T.11 from this Airfix kit: XH313, their Station Flight aircraft, I believe.

And here it is:

IMG_20220225_164756_131~2

• Like 5

12 hours ago, David A Collins said:

Thanks David, and I agree about looking like the Mosquito,..... not just the canopy but the whole nose. Love your North Weald model mate,..... I`m going to have to start putting some models on stands myself to save some space! 

11 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Beautiful models again Tony, I admire your skills and your work rate.

Colin

Thanks Colin,.... glad you like them mate,.... I thought that I`d been pretty quiet lately,.... 

3 hours ago, canberraman said:

A terrific Vampire Tony!  Your 'Flying Camels' collection is getting bigger and better all the time - well done and thanks for sharing.

Mark

Cheers Mark,... yeah it is growing quite well,..... I just wish that I could display them all together! 

1 hour ago, cngaero said:

Fine work yet again Tony.

I must admit to having a soft spot for the T11 and have two on the slipway currently, so one may end up being finished as an earlier version.

Cheers Chris,.... yeah me too,..... I look forward to seeing your`s when they are finished. I quite fancy doing a camouflaged one from the RAF Germany units, maybe 14 Sqn? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

This looks lovely Tony, great work on this.  I have the T11 which I am going to do as a T22.  Your conversion model looks gorgeous and like you and David said very Mosquito like.  

Great work fella. 

Chris

Thanks Chris,..... I look forward to seeing your T.22,...... I did one a while back and might even do an early one using another conversion set in RN markings too? 

• Like 1

Lovely completion of this lesser-seen variant Tony - you're building up quite the Vampire collection! Great finish mate,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely completion of this lesser-seen variant Tony - you're building up quite the Vampire collection! Great finish mate,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,.... yeah I`ve had a bit of a fixation lately LOL!

5 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

Very handsome, love the early canopy which really looks the part :)

Thanks Phil,...... yeah quite a simple yet effective conversion,.....  and I still have enough to do another one yet, by using some spares box seats..... as long as I don`t muck up the canopy!

4 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I’m still in awe of your output and the quality of the models

Trevor

Cheers Trevor,...... glad you like them mate,.... ta!  

On 2/26/2022 at 2:13 PM, Mig88 said:

Lovely work indeed!!

Miguel

Thanks Miguel,..... glad you like it/them.

11 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Lovely pair of Vampires, great work !

Wulfman

Cheers Wulfman,.... glad you like them mate.