1/72 Fleet Air Arm BPF Dual Build

Hi all, 

Thought it was about time that I joined in with the group build. I was initially planning on doing either a 1/72 Blenheim or Typhoon but then thought I'd try something a bit different. I've always liked the look of the British Pacific Fleet aircraft so I thought I'd go with a Corsair Mk II and a Avenger Mk II. I've gone with the tried and tested Tamiya F4U-1a kit for the Corsair Mk II. In order to make sure it is all good for the group build I will be adding some 500lb bombs with some British styled bomb racks under wing. For the Avenger Mk II I'll be using the Hasegawa kit, I've been looking for said kit for quite awhile and it's been nigh impossible in NZ. I was able to find this Hobby 2000 boxing at one of my local stores which was quite the find. As with the Corsair, I'll be adding British styled 500lb bombs and bomb racks in the bomb bay. I'm not 100% whether the BPF utilised British or American pattern bombs but I prefer the look of the British ones.

20220224_183201

20220224_183151

For the decals I'll be using ones from Xtradecals. I'll also be using bombs from the Airfix RAF Bomber Resupply Set and some spare British styled bomb racks from an Airfix Swordfish. 

20220224_183217

Hopefully I'll be able to make a start on these soon.

- Cam

• Like 6