Mr Hobby Dissolved Putty & Mr Surfacer Primer

fishplanebeer

Does anyone know what can be used to thin the Dissolved Putty product as mine is beginning to thicken in the jar?

Also can enamels be sprayed on top of Mr Surfacer filler/primer given that it is lacquer based as I've read somewhere that it can cause bubbling and cracking of enamels, or would the aqueous based versions be a safer bet?

Alternatively would Mr Base White be suitable for spraying on top with enamels?

Regards

Colin.

Edited by fishplanebeer

IF this stuff is a thinned version of the little jar of Mr Surfacer 500 I have, which had also started to set, I used Cellulose thinner. You might still be able to buy a small tin from car accessory shops (if these still exist?).  Add a SMALL amount, bit at a time until you get to the desired consistency. Also shifts dried paint of most types from airbrush nozzles and more. Smells lovely, although strangely the fairer sex don't always (ever) agree!  Should work. 

• 3 months later...

Mr Hobby also offer ‘Mr colour replenishing agent’ which includes resins and binders designed to work with their solvent and laquer lines. Dearer than cellulose thinners but will last a long time … 250ml is around £8.60

I can’t comment on any reaction between the Mr Surfacer products and enamels - but they certainly play nicely with:

Tamiya XF/X

Vallejo MC/Air/Metal

Mr Hobby Aqeuos

AK Real Colours 

A tip I picked up with mr surfacer and Mr DP is that a cotton bud lightly soaked in 90% ISO is a great way of removing excess product on a seam or a fill and can save a lot of time on sanding :) 

Edited by Vapouriser