Hawker's Kestrel, Harrier, Hind, Hurricane Mk1, Hunters FGA9 and T7...

perdu

Doc sent me off for self-induced tinystuff therapy

It was so small I cant find it where  put it

:(

OK craphumour outadaway The Hind grew some more appendages, at the same time as it lost some

P1010020.jpg

Gained a perpeller and a gunsight, lost more of the flying wires.

Three missing now on this shot alone, I wonder if you can spot the missing ones?

No silly not the ones that are missing, I've got them here but who can see where they are missing from?

P1010021.jpg

Also missing

Mass weight thingys from the fuselage sides

Gun and hingey thing from the scarfe ring

Bomb racks and bombs from under the lower wing

Fuel tank pressure vents top of the tank

The patience and anticipation of pleasure I had when I started this topic

See ya laters

• Like 13

Three of the ones in front of the screen I see but the wing ones seem intact Ian 👍

It's become a scrappy build and the paint is all over the shop, no longer a thing of beauty to my eye, but I still have an Airfix Demon which might get Hind-ed.

It has already been de-Demoned by filling the starb'd gun trough, just need a small dollop of anyone's spare mojo...

• Like 2

Now I need to make bomb racks for the Hinds.

Ah yes plural, the Demon is destined to become another Hind, some might say why bother?

If they can come up with an answer, perhaps they could let me in on it.  :( 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Keeping yourself very busy here Bill, missing flying wires or not...

Colin

Not really a problem Colin, some kind of spiderweb of dangly pieces will confuse the judgmental eyes no doubt.

Hope you are well out there in the far flung reaches of the world

👍

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Not really a problem Colin, some kind of spiderweb of dangly pieces will confuse the judgmental eyes no doubt.

Hope you are well out there in the far flung reaches of the world

👍

Hi Bill, all well but it's mid winter, my hands are frozen! I tried modelling this am but I had lost a couple of parts from a recovered build an SA Navy Lynx conversion.

I see you are still plodding on with the horse drawn bus.

I've just finished a Wessex HAS Mk3 Humphrey in the Falklands War GB, another struggle with an Italeri Wessex!

Keep well.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I betcha thunk I forgot these with all that time spent in the mews with the horses.

No of course I have even more Hawkering to do, show you in a couple of minutes.

Meantime I have been visiting the Kestrel, firstly trying out the home brewed decals to test concepts and analyse axioms.

As per:

16622197545138856437336638841554.jpg

Found myself very happy with the results of clear over silver paint.

But not entirely happy with the actual construction of the DANGER 'zone' and minor adjustment of sizes and position will ensue on the next iteration.

So concept proven I got on with dealing with the pesky holes and ripples in the build I have visually/mentally glossed over even though there is humungous trenchery to dispel.

To work cully!

16622198436938173403872360251241.jpg

More work needed on the canopy release decal and the poor old intake warning suffered from a lapse in concentration when a cry of "can you help me" echoed upstairs.

I helped, happily by the way, it's what we do.

But on return to the den I realised the decal had swung down inside the intake tract and the Microset dried it on a slant.

Poo.

And slightly bemused utterings...

Don't lose concentration with transfers, how many blasted years have frittered away since I first learned that truism?

We think the most concentration affords to paint, 'tain't true sir, not at all madam.

You can see the trench upon the shoulder of the wing join which has had first fill applied, now out comes the Vallejo putty for rectification.

P1010043.jpg

I have treated this occasionally askance but on testing this week I find it more friendly than PPP, we shall see after this application hits the sanding sticks.

The test process shows that silver paint which satisfies the eye fails at the paint surface camera/smartphone interface.

When the errant test decs are removed I mun find a better less grainy silver paint before the eye sees this again in Britmodelling format.

This side.

P1010046.jpg

I like it but the Intake warning is oversize by a medium tadlet, putting that right in PSPro next.

Ish but first, an excursion.

can you remember when I was at this point?

P1010217.jpg

And was waiting for my mate Rob to send me an Airfix Harrier GR3 to give me swept wings for the Kestrel?

Which came with an impressive amount of stuff to do...

1647008017599961127294012981348.jpg.

And ended up needing serious shoulder to body work done (which was of course where the deviations in form at the shoulders arose) but the entire Airfix GR3 some of which was sacrificed in a tentative effort (failed) to provide the bigger fuselage hump I needed.

This is this morning, there will be more later but do remember that GR3 please.

No I am not building a GR3 but further incursions into that kit will follow...

• Like 7