Hawker's Kestrel, Harrier, Hind, Hurricane Mk1, Hunters FGA9 and T7...

perdu

Soon.

Just had this in the post

16456218277963447891809944024577.jpg

I already have a Frog/Novo Hunter to build but a missing sprue/runner which had undercarriage and the Sabrinas prompted me to pop in a bid for this so I can use the single seat option's Sabrinas under the Froglet.

I already had a white metal undercarriage for the Frog so there will be a bonus choice/option of a two seater if I can get the cabin area looking a bit more like the real thing.

16456218761746600206821710387138.jpg

The last time I built the Matchbox two seater I was uncomfortable with the nose shape, expect to pay the 'odd-ness' a little more attention this time around.

And in the same box...

16456219300991736952344383463842.jpg

Might come in handy

• Like 15

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

To be fair Enville ginger is an all year beer. I used to drink her a lot when I drank more. Very nice. 🍺

Pleased to be advised Johnny, one of my drinking crew began waxing lyrical about it in the Christmas period and I got the idea Chrimble was indelibly linked to it.

Tony, my buddy does oftentimes wax lyrical about such matters.

I have become a very dedicated Enville user, that and Wood's lovely Shroppy bitter.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, perdu said:

Pleased to be advised Johnny, one of my drinking crew began waxing lyrical about it in the Christmas period and I got the idea Chrimble was indelibly linked to it.

Tony, my buddy does oftentimes wax lyrical about such matters.

I have become a very dedicated Enville user, that and Wood's lovely Shroppy bitter.

Enville is local to Stourbridge so it’s been a staple for quite a few years. Their Gothic stout is really rather nice but there are some stunning stouts out there. Siren Craft do some beautiful ones.  It’s a shame there aren’t that many miles about. Bathams does a nice one but it wasn’t in last time I was in my local. Btw. Is this to be the same thread for the heart? Is it a heart or a demon you’re doing? Or are you starting two? 

Johnny beer. 🍺😉

• Like 1

The Hart, a Hawker aircraft will be fully at home in here Jont old bean.

A couple of years ago I discovered my local 'big brewery' pub was selling M&B Mild, allegedly so that old fashioned 'brown and mild' drinkers would have the second half of their favourite tipple.

I tried a pint.

Whatever it was it was NOT M&B Mild as I remember it, no depth of flavour and little 'mildness'.

Still it was brown enough, maybe that is all it needed if it was going to get a bottle of Mann's or an equivalent dropped into it.

This thread can be home to beer chat, Hawker bi-planes or anything else if you like, the Hart and Hunters will be along presently.

:)

• Like 3

On 01/03/2022 at 07:29, perdu said:

This thread can be home to beer chat, Hawker bi-planes or anything else if you like, the Hart and Hunters will be along presently.

And in that vein

P1010174.jpg

Before the Hawker build begins, a rare attempt to rationalise wasted space in the work place, the Infinity Engine Paint Rack System for Vallejo products arrived at last on Thursday.

Frustrated by the need to make a long drive as a reluctant passenger to a hospital appointment then, I shelved it until yesterday and gave it the afternoon build session to be built.

Frustrated in speed building by having to let glue set, here it is about an hour in.

Have to say I am really impressed with the result of laser cutting out, every piece is identical. Nice.

A moody shot for pictography buffs if any should pop a head round the door.

P1010175.jpg

Both sides on the back part of the rack, these circles seem to be intended to stop 'drop through'.

Dribbles of Cockpit Glue Formula 560 can be seen running down from the front frames where I overzealously added glue.

Here's a test.

P1010180-2.jpg

And here all fifty odd bottles of Vallejo and the odd bottles of MIG for effect.

Colour me happy with this for just a few squids, nice one infinity-engine.com, looks a treat.

P1010181-2.jpg

Nice.

Do you see that far corner wall with the Airfix Belvedere box and the ice cream tub?

That is where it lives now after a minor tidy round, something tells me I need a mini-skip delivered.

My Dragonfly has delivered a dispiriting blow on returning from the paint shop, shelf of doom looms so Hawkers move up the stack.

I just happen to have the Airfix P1100644.jpg

Waiting eighteen inches away in my big cupboard, 'Does The Team Think'? 

• Like 11

• perdu changed the title to Coming along soon, Hawkers...
10 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Seriously though what happens to the Dragon fly? I just checked the thread. The name change does not sound promising. 😔

Tisn't promising at all Johnny, a sample.

P1010189-2.jpg

It's like this at every angle  :(

P1010184.jpg

And I thought I had cracked the filling and polishing, might take a run at her in the summer.

Now did anybody see where I parked the Hart?

• Like 2
  • Sad 7