Hawker's Kestrel, Harrier, Hind, Hurricane Mk1, Hunters FGA9 and T7...

perdu

12 minutes ago, perdu said:

Brush or attempt to spray this for the first time ever?

Looks brilliant!

I would say leave it for 24 hours plus then airbrush the Aqua? The Molotow takes a while to dry off. What does my learned colleague @giemme think?

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Looks brilliant!

I would say leave it for 24 hours plus then airbrush the Aqua? The Molotow takes a while to dry off. What does my learned colleague @giemme think?

Terry

I agree 100%: leave it to cure for 24 hours,  then airbrush Aqua Gloss (no need for thinner there). If you’ve never sprayed it before, I strongly suggest you practice first on a paint mule: it's very easy to use,  but you don't want to flood your model surfaces with it, despite of being very self levelling. 

Also, it looks awesome now! :clap:

Ciao 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Shi-i-i-iny!

I would be gingerly brushing Future on the basis of better the devil you know. But then I’m a painting Neanderthal.

Looks gorgeous - can you simply assemble the rest of it without once touching the cowling? :wicked:

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Shi-i-i-iny!

I would be gingerly brushing Future on the basis of better the devil you know. But then I’m a painting Neanderthal.

Looks gorgeous - can you simply assemble the rest of it without once touching the cowling? :wicked:

Regards,

Adrian

100%

Impossible but once the brushed on Vallejo Aluminum is dry it is good for 5G of mishandling so not overly worried.

;)

• Haha 3

Beautiful job on the chrome nose.

I’ve just spent a very pleasurable half hour catching up on this one.  I did need to go back and forth a little to keep the various builds clear in my head but I think I have a handle on them all now.  Just don’t test me.

• Haha 3

Thank ee Tony man.

It shall be as ye say, later this day.

Mark the test is at the end but since multiple builds get multiple choice I'm sure you'll breeze through.

Maybe

I hope

Probably

Sun looks as if potentially its to stay out all day and I have tasks awaiting sun time...

Laters chums I hope but meantime the T7 got her first coat of discloser

P1010123.jpgThe sun, as previously mentioned being strong overcame the Olympus's pixcel counter so we get dull but no overwhelming illumination, it has to do.

At least this one is in focus, others, ominously were not.

P1010121.jpg

I believe I may have mentioned my inability to get a decent looking Hunter from this Matchbox model, on track for a similar result in the twenty first century.

Fiddlesticks.

However I can declare myself happier with Norman's hump than previously, gentle, very light sanding and that'll do for me.

The Hunter work will be spaced behind the Hind.

I thank yoo!

• Like 9

Hump definitely looking the dog's, Bill - some gentle sanding along those other seams and you should be fine :clap:  :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That hump has come out looking the total biz Bill. Nothing like a good old bit of filler and elbow grease. You have certainly nailed it!

As Giorgio suggests, the seams and other bits near the wing join will sand of easily with some light work. 

She's destined to turn out an absolute stunner!

Terry

• Like 2

Just the right amount of inflation on the Norman, and your front end its looking paticularly spiffing on t'ind.  

And the south-east Whales vote goes to 

the brush

cos of texture, see butt

Box on

Strickers

• Like 1

Alclad II gloss varnish sprayed on, looks OK to me.

16537561952487832964617935082430.jpg

Seems to have knocked back a fair piece off the supershine, pleases me thanks for the tip.

Looks far more like a polished engine cover.

16537562289156080383321726986703.jpg

Glazing commences

16537573508719009571886392328904.jpg

Maskol dries

16537573860961314200263845143812.jpg

Tomorrow paint happens again and things get stuck back on

• Like 10

Looks good Bill.  It will come as no surprise that I have now given it on alclad glosses and have started using Mr. Hobby's clears which appear to be just as good and far more durable 

• Like 3

Excellent nose! 👃 I must say I was concerned to see the last few posts where it all seemed to have gone ‘orrible. I should have known better that you would simply pull it out of the bag. 🪩

Bravo. Fantastic looking hump too. 🐪

👏👏👏

Johnny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tell you what has gone horrible Johnny, this junk.

P1010126.jpg

One made a rash attempt to use this gunk today.

Apparently it is considered good enough to encourage new modellers to buy and latterly build Airfix kits.

Oh!

I opened 29, the putative Dark Earth and began stirring

And stirred and stirred and stirred for over twenty five minutes and the using the brush kindly provided in the set began laying paint over the upper surfaces.

Then immediately took up a wetted tissue and wiped away as many traces of the stuff as possible.

29 is not paint as I know it so now I retire mortally offended by its attempt to pretend it is...

I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW!

I might use paint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, perdu said:

P1010126.jpg

I really don’t know why they bother With those pots. I wonder if they do quality tests, actually building the kit and using the supplied paints. 🤔 Wasn’t there a GB on here where you could only use the supplied paints in a kit.  *shudder. 

Good luck for tomorrow. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, perdu said:

Tell you what has gone horrible Johnny, this junk.

P1010126.jpg

One made a rash attempt to use this gunk today.

Apparently it is considered good enough to encourage new modellers to buy and latterly build Airfix kits.

Oh!

I opened 29, the putative Dark Earth and began stirring

And stirred and stirred and stirred for over twenty five minutes and the using the brush kindly provided in the set began laying paint over the upper surfaces.

Then immediately took up a wetted tissue and wiped away as many traces of the stuff as possible.

29 is not paint as I know it so now I retire mortally offended by its attempt to pretend it is...

I might use paint.

Note to self; stirring one’s junk for 25 minutes doesn’t get much of a usable result.

Edited by mark.au
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, perdu said:

I might use paint.

Tomorrow has arrived.  I trust one's loins are girded for the action of the day? :D

• Haha 4

Good morrow sir, the fray will be entered by gentle application of Tamiya XF-whatever it is they sell as Royal Dark Green.

My memory cell thinks it is XF-81 but rather than being fixated on it I will make any necessary pronouncements when I am safely ensconced in the painting booth/garage with said paint handily available.

I can no longer even look at 'smelly' paints here in the 'Modelling Den' so they are stored downstairs.

I'll be there soon, if the outside air temperature ever approaches spring or summer warmth and rises above cool, which this morning is not nice enough to entice me to lift one of my Ultras and gently squeeze it into life.

• Like 3

Further

Yesterday spent a little while rectifying again the nose paint on the Hind

After I glazed the little windows I remembered (always after these things never before) I needed to make the sellotape matt so paint could be encouraged to stick on it.

I masked Mr Shiny Nose with cling film in an attempt to keep Mr Said Nose shiny without losing lumps of it by 'masking tape removal trauma', then gave the sellotape bits a gentle TS-79ing

Removed said cling film safely to find the back end of the Shiny Nose had also gone matt where the varnish had migrated  :( 

So I ventured to spray the Shiny Silver again, "looks nice let it dry" on Monday afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon I gave said Shi.. (oh you know) a dose of Alclad shiny treatment.

And watched it wrinkle due to not yet dry enough Molotow mix...  :(  :(  :(  

If it gets nice enough I may be some time down in the depths.

• Sad 4

You have transformed the look of the Hunter and the cowling on the Hind looks great. However, do not, I repeat, not, try and use that Humbrol "paint"; it's not paint at all. it's coloured snot cunningly repackaged and marketed by the chief Vogon to fund his retirement package. I was forced to use some of the muck a few years back as it was the only paint of a particular colour that I could lay my tentacles on. It was the worst painting experience I have ever had in over fifty of your Earth years of modelling.

Wary of Mars 👽

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4