Hawker's Kestrel, Harrier, Hind, Hurricane Mk1, Hunters FGA9 and T7...

perdu

I bought these etched underwing bomb racks for the Hind, fiddly and a trifle skinny but quite nice.

P1010062-2.jpg

Bear in mind that I don't have 3D skills (yet) or a printer of plastics.

They look quite realistic underneath the wings on the Hind, see?

P1010066-2.jpg

Oh a hint, might come in useful to you folks, don't drop a computer keyboard on top of a finished Hawker Hind.

Things tend to fall off and ping off in search of a carpet monster and in my modelling space that is going to be a long search on laminate flooring.

Rebuild time looms.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Things tend to fall off and ping off in search of a carpet monster and in my modelling space that is going to be a long search on laminate flooring.

Rats, rats, rats and again rats! I hope you can sort it, Bill.

Ciao 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ooooh S.....

So sorry to see that, But for an AA patrolman, it is a matter of minutes, duct tape and.... The choice is your....

There surely has been a concert of words that we cannot reproduce here ?? has it ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Gosh it's been a while hasn't it?

I almost forgot whilst waiting for the bus.

16663653394203156127077678119434.jpg

I have left it long enough to be sanded, didnt expect that.

There is a lot of ruthless file action needed.

16663799588032933418467350938370.jpg

That appliance white makes a damned good discloser coat if you leave it about three months to har mature

Bottom

16663800030481594347901432219136.jpg

Where there is a pencilled hatched area I need to, well fill.

Then sand it all again, this will be Humbrol green filler.

And I almost forgot this one, Airfix additions too.

16663804317506074597979204886160.jpg

Lots of 'don't get bogged down waiting for the bus' work to do.

16663805108032986502742764240896.jpg

Looking forwards to getting this into the Hawker (by proxy) stable.

• Like 7

Before I went off to wait for the 'bus I thought these Hunters were quite reasonable.

16664459361214239337154890241471.jpg

I bet you can tell I am not quite so enamoured now can't you.

As horrible a step underwing as that on the T7 and frankly...

16664459774958694947554574390349.jpg

Not a lot better up top.

16664459774958694947554574390349.jpg

Still this gives me cause to pause.

16664460430557331810099996399047.jpg

And take in the blemishes from several aspects.

16664460109256392402032838738105.jpg

For instance, before the final paint down I will be adding wingtip lamps and various other things like antennae and nav lights.

Because the missing sprue is still a factor I intend making undercarriage doors etc. for this airframe, copying the Matchbox ones probably.

It's likely I will be fitting two pairs of drop tanks, little and large and the little pair with fins are going to grace the T7 in Valley style.

As 

T7-1.jpg

I'm sorry this is a tiny picture but it seems that Airliners.net own copyright on almost every T7 photo in RAF Training Command Red, White and Light Aircraft Grey colours, for this one I think I owe thanks to Flickr.com.

• Like 8

Paint shop for these two again.

P1010129.jpg

After a shed load of remediation to the nose holes.

vis 

P1010137.jpg

ditto

P1010138.jpg

Probably turn out unfixable...

(Been one of those months)

Also need to remember the wingtip light cut outs on the Valley bird...

Doh!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

Lotsa plastic dust - but they are definitely headed in the right direction!

Regards,

Adrian

So much if that dust was from sanding Appliance White Adrian, hard to believe it gets THAT hard so that sanding is clearly effective.

• 1 month later...

A mmmmmonth how on earth does the mojo disappear so quickly?

I recall mentioning the wing tip lights for the Valley Hunter, after scraping a little tad of mojo I did get something done to them.

This was what we had.

P1010137.jpg

Nothing in the way of definition at all.

I need to remember to sit down and wear some readers before I tackle little jobs'

Note emphasis on little but these days the emphasis is changing to 'jobs' instead.

P1010140.jpgI tried two different attacks on the lamp job, Valley bird got the cut-out cut out whilst the cam job got a touched in spot of colour in one place on the tip.

Oops missed the spot with the paint stick, as @CedB knows I spot touch with a thinnystick when small bits of paint want doing, managed to keep it on the wing but what a missed shot.

Sadly same on t'other wing :( 

P1010144.jpg

Other than batasblindness I just dont know what to say  

Anyway you can see I completely coloured the recesses on the Valley Bird, too bright for me I say... :( but unsure whether to do anything about them.

After the Vallejo paint dried I touched a droplet of Limino Clear hard UV resin into the space left and applied the little UV torch to harden it.

Only took a couple of applied droplets to make a completely smooth lamp cap.

That I like

P1010149.jpg

After trying that and being a trifle unhappy with the 'look' of the solid colour I attempted to get a 'small light unit inside a bigger cover' look

P1010150.jpg

Nowhere near as in yer face as the other way is it?

This posed as if flying shows that from my point of view I managed the 'little lamp inside' look quite nicely.

P1010151.jpg

Next will be another try to depict the nose mounted, centralised (It bloody would be!) probably a camera port.

That is going to call on my little Expo drill bit, set on 7.5 v for speed control.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, giemme said:

Interesting lighting work, Bill :clap2:  :clap2: :clap2: 

Gotta love that clear resin, uh? :thumbsup:

Ciao

A good idea to try this I think, when the Valley Hunter is looked at with the naked eye the green redness of the lamps is not so ugly and in-yer-face as when photographed, I may leave it as it is.

See, we shall.

An aside, (I do do these a lot don't I?) when I was attempting to make a horse drawn bus there was a search on for available horses.

I saw this one sculpted over in Ukraine by A Gagarin, sold by Master Box as French Cuirassier.

I decided the horse was a little too refined to spend its life dragging buses up New Street and put the set to one side, lost the cuirassier's head and forgot about it.

Bill's elusive mojo returned for a few days and this began.

A head was repurposed from an Airfix Napoleonic figure, bandage applied and this morning a touch of silver added to the cuirass.

I think I shall call the vignette "France is that bloody way, don't let the gate hit you in the bottom!" as the lady sends waves of unlady-like vibes to her country's unwanted visitors.

Quite reverse-modern really huh?

P1010152.jpg

P1010155.jpg

This is my keep me awake piece whilst I mojo-hunt around the house, it can't be far away.

I think busting the Hind did some structural damage to it, I still have the basics of a second generation Harrier to get into the hangar/HAS.

• Like 6