Eduard Tempest Mk V converted to Tempest II Indian Air force

Greetings Folks,

This is an aircraft I wanted to build for some time. During my trip to Malaysia, some years ago a friend gifted me this kit. Well, the kit is before the current 1/48 scales kit. It was an Eduard tempest MK V with resin front from Model Design Construction, took almost two days to fit the resin parts to the body, it was darn hard for me, I have never done so many major surgeries on any aircraft before. After many trials and errors managed to fit it but I overcut the body by 5mm so have to rebuild that part. The old tooling of Eduard is like resin, plus so many pin parts literally everywhere it was a task trimming and sanding it. Once it was done, I used Mr.color as base silver then mixed black and brown with silver for different shades of metal modulations. For the Indian markings, it wasn't there on the decal sheet so I borrowed from elsewhere and applied it, so it will not be 100% accurate but I can live with it. So here it is, Thank you for watching, Cheers

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

• Like 47

14 hours ago, Homer said:

Congratulations on a fine piece of work well done 👏 

Thank you, much appreciated kind words

9 hours ago, Murewa said:

Your varied panels on the bare metal is a real beauty, saving this as a reference for the next 'aluminium' project I make. 

Glad to know you know what I did with this build, really appreciate the kind words, cheers.

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Yes, well done on the NMF. Crackerjack finish!

Thanks Bertie, cheers

• Like 1

That’s a great build, Tom :). As soon as I get my hands on the KP kit, and allow myself the time, I’ll be doing the same, although I am still researching a TT variation of this scheme. :) You know me, I have to be different :) 

Martin

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 8:07 AM, RidgeRunner said:

That’s a great build, Tom :). As soon as I get my hands on the KP kit, and allow myself the time, I’ll be doing the same, although I am still researching a TT variation of this scheme. :) You know me, I have to be different :) 

Martin

The KP kit is shipping now. I should have mine in the next day or so. I've already cheated in advance and built the Centaurus assembly for the Mk.II that comes with the KP F.6 version.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM72226?result-token=MVDPC

Edited by Whistlekiller
Added link.

1 hour ago, Whistlekiller said:

I've already cheated in advance and built the Centaurus assembly for the Mk.II that comes with the KP F.6 version.

Are you saying the MkII kit isn’t adequate? 

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Are you saying the MkII kit isn’t adequate? 

Good heavens no, what made you think that? The two kits are identical with parts for both included, aside from decals and colour schemes. I ordered the Mk.II and the F.6 at the same time but the F.6 got here a month or so ago. I built both engines to save time when the Mk.II kit arrived, that's all! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2022 at 1:37 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Martin

Thanks, Mate, Yeah the KP one will come with Chakra as well, it is will be a striking model once it is done

On 2/24/2022 at 3:26 PM, Pete in a shed said:

The varied shades of metal areas with the black trim and indian markings make this an incredibly striking subject to look at. Great work Tom, has to be one of your best yet.:like:

Pete

On 2/25/2022 at 8:36 PM, stevehnz said:

A very smart job Tom, hard to believe it is from a conversion. The natural metal finish is thoroughly convincing too. 👍

Steve..

Thank you, Steve it was darn hard I thought I give but once you start guess have to end it as well. Natural metal look nice in natural color hence out door photography to add some charm to it

On 2/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Very nice!

I did the same conversion using the Eduard Tempest MkV and a Hobbycraft SeaFury.

Saluti

Giampiero

Thank you, mate always appreciate the kind words, cheers

On 2/27/2022 at 9:05 AM, Wulfman said:

Lovely looking Tempest, great conversion !

Wulfman

Thanks Buddy

On 3/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, Maginot said:

Nice work, well wrestled. Like the variation in finish on different panels.

Thank you so very much, a tad black and brown with silver does the trick

On 3/7/2022 at 4:51 AM, Hairy Stickler said:

Super job! I'd love to have a go at a bare metal finish but as a brush painter with a wife who doesn't like "smelly" paint, I think that something this good might be beyond me☹

Thank you so very much, cheers

On 3/7/2022 at 5:59 AM, Tempestwulf said:

Fantastic Tempest mate, you really brought it to life

Thank you once again, cheers mate

• Like 1