F35B Lightning II RAF - Pictures fixed

Finish no2 for 2022 is Italeri's new tool F35B in 1/72, I went for this one over the Hasegawa kit as this one has the internal weapon bays the Hasegawa kit does not. Built OOB in landing trim, so the inner weapon bay doors are 3/4 open but the outer doors stay closed, I presume this acts as the strakes/gun pods did on the harrier controlling the jet vortex under the aircraft . The kit goes together well but needs some care when fitting the large intake/lift fan assembly between the fuselage halves. Painted with Mr Hobby Colour H305 Dark Gunship Grey, H308 Light Gunship Grey and then lightly over sprayed with Hakata Orange line Have Glass Grey to give the metallic sheen seen on the F35's. No weathering as these are new airframes and the ground crew will be looking after them. The decals include some RAM tape panels which I initially fitted but after checking pictures of RAF F35 I removed as they seemed to be applied to the earlier F35's that went to other countries. As usual all comment welcome and hopefully the pictures show up as I'm still on Village Photo.

KjM0fR7a_o.jpg

BE10E6nV_o.jpg

UUrJCF5Y_o.jpg

Fiwc635X_o.jpg

xxWXOhR7_o.jpg

1brxOzqM_o.jpg

1U65E7FO_o.jpg

IkpNUEd2_o.jpg

zRj8npdU_o.jpg

yEyKUPG2_o.jpg

29qkF0k0_o.jpg

XvExf40J_o.jpg

upe8eRwV_o.jpg

kE98WGbv_o.jpg

1G1bRvld_o.jpg

ws4qA13v_o.jpg

Edited by neil5208
  • Like 19

52 minutes ago, mouse808 said:

Neil if you can change the photo links to http:// (from https:// ) it should work (village photos still haven't updated their security cert, that does not bode well)

Sorry, don't follow 

4 hours ago, tweeky said:

Have the RAF opted for the gun pod ? 

Of course not, don't ned guns on planes anymore.

And Sat is correct about the links but will look at another hosting site.

Edited by neil5208

• neil5208 changed the title to F35B Lightning II RAF - Pictures fixed