Italeri 1/72 Bell TH-67A Creek

hsr

This is the Italleri 1/72 Bell OH-58A kit built as a US Army Bell TH-67A Creek training helicopter. No major issues and just one minor one. The minor issue deals with the spine on top of the tail boom. This covers the drive shaft for the tail rotor. The Italeri kit does not have the cover, but leaves the drive shaft exposed. In stead of using that I used a couple of styrene strips that I glued onto the boom and shaped to the right shape. The candy stripes on the tail were a pain to do, and took a couple of iterations to mostly get right. The decals are home printed on my HP 1505 laser printer using Sunnyscopa laser decal paper and work fine with no silvering. I did not need to overcoat them with decal film. On the whole it was a pleasant quick build.

1vnoteie_o.jpg

pG2iOiYG_o.jpg

8liHZ2gF_o.jpg

h4njZ70H_o.jpg

kWC4HnGk_o.jpg

tQTzVdNW_o.jpg

Next up is the Constanza T-3A Firefly

Enjoy.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, billn53 said:

and the color scheme is quite striking!

The orange has given me trouble in the past; not covering and giving a rough surface. But this time it went on with only 2 coats and smooth. 

Thanks

49 minutes ago, Skymonster said:

I suspect “UNITED STATED ARMY” on the port side of the boom isn’t quite right though?

Arg!  😱 How did I miss that. I might be able to fix it.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:25 AM, Skymonster said:

I suspect “UNITED STATED ARMY” on the port side of the boom isn’t quite right though?

Fixed now

pG2iOiYG_o.jpg

• Like 1

Great work! I always enjoy seeing members of the 206 family modelled, especially when they turn out so sharp!

On 2/23/2022 at 8:22 AM, hsr said:

No major issues and just one minor one. The minor issue deals with the spine on top of the tail boom. This covers the drive shaft for the tail rotor. The Italeri kit does not have the cover, but leaves the drive shaft exposed. In stead of using that I used a couple of styrene strips that I glued onto the boom and shaped to the right shape.

There's also the fact the rear windows of the TH-67 should be larger as on the commercial JetRanger, compared to the smaller ones on the OH-58A (likewise the raised detailing of the Kiowa's rear doors is absent on a 206B/TH-67).

Edited by k5054nz
  • Thanks 1