Hawker Hurricanes around the world: Yugoslav Air Force Mk IV

This is the 13th Hawker Hurricane from my Hawker Hurricanes around the world project, a post-war Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia Mk IV. Mostly I've been modeling Hurricanes from unique countries, but in this case it's a duplicate, because I modeled a Kingdom of Yugoslavia Mk I already. The markings are very different though, and I was excited to model both the lovely and unique Royal Yugoslav Air Force camo and the rocket armed Mk IV, so Yugoslavia is getting featured twice. But, maybe you could argue that the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia were not exactly the same country? Slightly different borders and very different governance model and all that...

This is the AZ kit I used.

y4mR46wDP4LtBtS6EJ9duqGgBGgCHDSAbtoClaSey4m-fQxPZ-4Z-H38vYpAqw4lJSnmVBlFAixObEW2

Mostly OOB, but I opted for styrene rockets from an Airfix Typhoon kit versus the resin AZ pieces. I also drilled out the ID light so that I could model that with Kristal Klear. Hand brushed with Tamiya XF-23 underneath and XF-77 on top which I chose based on insights regarding camo from @Supercuber and @Troy Smith. I opted for no weathering. This is the second Mk IV of my collection (the other is Argentina) but this will be the only rocket-armed of the group. Enjoy!

y4m2d4c3FW4plKqwHcqdRGtcjKFThCiB1kBzs4LH

y4mzYdeexOpTEAKxQMsmcm97RLLkijoQpV9st4-8

y4mcflaOGjjuBCSwJ0hZ1VWyttRTLaKhy1KUuVY3

y4mSq8YRElrm7HobvrdNdEJa9ZIS-Axa-vHortrn

y4mGkmuhrJsm8kBq0NzQRp8i_eq3u307VQlLu1eI

y4mODcqK1Jcszy9AJTsRgPlJDOcN8sfD3dTTRf0h

y4mu7JnJu9omlC5mwaC24scEo-ViJlFAMpueYfjB

Here is a photo of the original 9539, and my attempt to photograph the same angle... I understand this photo is once the Hurricane was already at a museum, and obviously she's wearing a tarp or something. You can also see how overly large the fin flash I had to use is versus the original. 

y4mVDbWoMDCrXt3GPohJ46yYH_iGyzMWiaOWvaF0

y4maQowOH95v82UYsluV7D9iD3rfro21rtOh3iy0

And here is the RFI for her older Yugoslav sibling (the Mk I);

• Like 9