1/48 F-86D Sabre Dog ( late version) from Revell - new boxing- release in March 2022

Diego

I've never built the kit but it sure is tempting. Something about the new markings really appeals to me.

2 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

I wonder if revell re tooled the cockpit; instrument panel was incorrect on the earlier version. 

Ironically the instrument panel was correct for an 'early' version but not this one. I doubt it will have changed but a lovely kit nevertheless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Ironically the instrument panel was correct for an 'early' version but not this one. I doubt it will have changed but a lovely kit nevertheless.

It is more than probable that we will get  some correct 3D instrument decals for the F-86D very soon...

• Like 2

Apart from the instrument panel (which will be an easy fix with an aftermarket part that surely will come) the wing sweep is a bit wrong. Still it is a nice kit and I will most likely add a second one to my stash silly as I am...

Do we have an official price yet? I guess it is above 30 Euros nowadays?

4 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Apart from the instrument panel (which will be an easy fix with an aftermarket part that surely will come) the wing sweep is a bit wrong. Still it is a nice kit and I will most likely add a second one to my stash silly as I am...

Wing sweep of this kit often comes in for criticism but it's not noticeable and (in my opinion) receives way too much attention.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Wing sweep of this kit often comes in for criticism but it's not noticeable and (in my opinion) receives way too much attention.

Basically agree - but when I tried to cross kit the slatted wings with an Academy Sabre it became quite obvious and to source a resin set for the slats was the easier way.

19 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Available to preorder at Wonderlandmodels.com for £36.99

John

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 2:05 PM, Caerbannog said:

I guess it is above 30 Euros nowadays?

Probably.

It does pay to visit the few brick & mortar stores however, especially the less prominent ones. I picked up an earlier 2007 release of this kit for less than 19€ :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...