ResKit F-111 cockpits....

Bozothenutter

Look very nice, Hannants has them listed as future releases at £45.😵 My Squadron vac formed canopy fixed the issue at a fraction of the price.

• Like 1

It does look fantastic, but as good as Reskit stuff does look, it is heckishly expensive. That costs about the same as the rest of the whole kit. It’s almost like the HobbyBoss kit is the aftermarket for the cockpit!

I also think that the Quinta cockpit panels are nice but madly expensive. It’s a pity out of box has become so looked down upon. I often feel as if I would be wasting a kit if I didn’t buy resin exhausts and 3D IP’s etc.

Having said that though, at least Reskit are providing a solution to a problem with the HB kit that is quite often proclaimed to render the kit fit only for the bin. I wonder if they’ll tackle the similar issue that saw the HB Tornado kit criticised and presumably as a result rarely seen built.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 10:52 PM, Filler said:

It’s a pity out of box has become so looked down upon. I often feel as if I would be wasting a kit if I didn’t buy resin exhausts and 3D IP’s etc.

Has it?

Of course, this here is a  modelling forum...  and all sorts of builds and modellers  from beginners, to professionals!

But my feeling is that everybody is welcome!

Build your models as you wish, want, and can afford ( time and money wise!) 

• Like 1

I wish more resin parts manufacturers would take the same approach to cockpits and do the complete fuselage section containing the cockpit. Too many of them produce dimensionally accurate cockpits that require modifying the interiors of the kits’ fuselage halves to fit, usually through laborious trial-and-error scraping/sanding/grinding of the plastic down to paper thinness. Are you listening, Aries?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I wish more resin parts manufacturers would take the same approach to cockpits and do the complete fuselage section containing the cockpit. Too many of them produce dimensionally accurate cockpits that require modifying the interiors of the kits’ fuselage halves to fit, usually through laborious trial-and-error scraping/sanding/grinding of the plastic down to paper thinness. Are you listening, Aries?

at the other end, we have underscale cockpits with walls 10cm or more, making it look more cramped than it really is/was.....

you pays yer money and makes yer pick!

• Like 3

Hello All,

Nice to see some additional resin updates in the wind. Resin update, conversion or the minor add on are great if your pocketbook can afford them. I do save my money for the odd update and get them when I can or don't have the full resources to scratch build. I did look on Hobby Easy website from Hong Kong. They list the new to be released early March. They list the full line of cockpits. I may or may not get an update cockpit. If I do it will be of the F-111D and FB-111A. The D had the MKII avionics system that moved some panels around in the cockpit and had 2 HUD's. The FB on the other hand am wondering if it's the updated SAC AMP upgrade or the basic cockpit. So I may or may not purchase those from Hobby Easy. If my thinking is near correct it won't make much of a difference where I get them from. The cost of shipping from the orient is high and the conversion rate from the pound to dollar and shipping from the UK is much the same. So once the product hits the US and the tariff added it all kind of equals out at times.

But as far as the F-111 goes I don't mind scratch building the differences in the kit. I do take issue with trying to correct sever problems in the kit. Canopy and flaps come to mind.

Everyone's comments above have their value and insight so I'll fall of my high horse and get back to business.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

38 minutes ago, f111guru said:

Hello All,

Nice to see some additional resin updates in the wind. Resin update, conversion or the minor add on are great if your pocketbook can afford them. I do save my money for the odd update and get them when I can or don't have the full resources to scratch build. I did look on Hobby Easy website from Hong Kong. They list the new to be released early March. They list the full line of cockpits. I may or may not get an update cockpit. If I do it will be of the F-111D and FB-111A. The D had the MKII avionics system that moved some panels around in the cockpit and had 2 HUD's. The FB on the other hand am wondering if it's the updated SAC AMP upgrade or the basic cockpit. So I may or may not purchase those from Hobby Easy. If my thinking is near correct it won't make much of a difference where I get them from. The cost of shipping from the orient is high and the conversion rate from the pound to dollar and shipping from the UK is much the same. So once the product hits the US and the tariff added it all kind of equals out at times.

But as far as the F-111 goes I don't mind scratch building the differences in the kit. I do take issue with trying to correct sever problems in the kit. Canopy and flaps come to mind.

Everyone's comments above have their value and insight so I'll fall of my high horse and get back to business.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Why  not order from them direct?

Their turnaround is quick.