bentwaters81stTFW

Julien

You'll be fine and in good hands I'm sure, light at the end of a bumpy road tunnel now lad, its a fairly quick recovery process and I'm sure you will be behind the modelling bench afore you know it.

Best wishes 👍

My only advice, having been there, done that, got the fridge magnet, is to try not to cough or sneeze for the following few days afterwards!  :crying:  :boom:

All the best for Friday, :thumbsup:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Afraid I have been dealing with some personal trials and tribulations this week and just caught this Frank, Hope it all goes as well as it possibly can for you old chap! Look forward to seeing you back on here ASAP.

• Like 1

Just heard operation went well this morning Frank is now in the ICU, probably for a few days now until he can go on a ward.

Looking good for his heart, brain scan results still inconclusive! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Franks was well enough to give me a quick ring today. Say he feels like he has been run over by a bus which is hardly surprising.

At least he is on the other side of the op and now beginning his recovery.

• Like 10

Well done Frank... and the surgeons of course ;) It's a fairly long road to recovery, but you'll do fine.  Just don't overdo it and do everything the Docs tell you.  My mum's main issue was the huge scar on her leg where they took the veins from.  That was the last part of the operation to heal, apparently.  It wasn't helped by having to wear the anti-DVT socks for a couple of weeks.

I'd forgotten about the socks! They're not too bad though. I still have the leg scar. It twinged occasionally for a year or so.

As Mike said, try to avoid coughing and sneezing for a couple of weeks, and no driving either. Learn to sleep sitting up.

Imagine crashing an old car and your chest hitting the wheel at about 20mph. It'll be like that for a week or three.

Nap when your body tells you too. Walk a little further every day. Life No2 starts here, make the most of it.

Oh, and eat healthy. Though the odd treat won't hurt you. Best wishes, Pete

• Like 2