GWH 1/48 Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker E

Absolute stunner. I've just ordered a GWH SU-27B, and hope I can remotely do it the justice you've managed here. Beautiful.

• Thanks 1

Excellent build of a really fine kit.

The NMF shades on the exhaust area are impressive just to point out something.

:thumbsup::wow:

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Duncan,

Super job! Makes me want to build one. I, like everyone else, am very impressed with the metal tail work and the elevators/ stabilisers in particular. Did you have a masking set for this? I’m not detracting from your masking abilities, but they look incredibly well done!

Thanks,

Guy

Edited by Gisbod
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, MattH912 said:

Lovely build! Did you use the kit decals? if so did you have any issue with them?

I used a Begemot decal set for 90% of the decals, some of the smaller stencils were from the kit.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:16 AM, Gisbod said:

Hi Duncan,

Super job! Makes me want to build one. I, like everyone else, am very impressed with the metal tail work and the elevators/ stabilisers in particular. Did you have a masking set for this? I’m not detracting from your masking abilities, but they look incredibly well done!

Thanks,

Guy

I did buy a couple of masking sets and used one for the various hatches and stuff but didn't use the other one I bought for the nozzles as it wasn't a particularly good fit. The nozzles alone took me a month to paint (and I'm currently stalled at the same stage on my GWH Su-27UBM!). The main camo was airbrushed freehand and by the time I applied the third colour I was a bag of nails nerves wise.

Duncan B

• Like 1