Vallejo Plastic putty

alteregoni

Hi

I'm building Tamiya Lexus LFA at the moment. There is some ankward gaps on body shell, where sanding putty is really hard to do right. 

So I'm thinking to use putty what you don't have to sand. 

I have tube of Vallejo. My question is does it react under lacquer etc. paints? I'm using Tamiya decanned surface primer and Gravity Spain base coat and 2k clear. 

Pekka 

Edited by alteregoni
Correction

• alteregoni changed the title to Vallejo Plastic putty

That's one of my favourite fillers when used appropriately. In my experience, it's absolutely fine under hobby lacquers like Tamiya LP and Mr. Color (including GX colours). It even withstands paint stripping (which is just as well for me). But if that Gravity paint is stronger, why not test it first? You have both products, so a dry run will assure you either way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 8:43 AM, alteregoni said:

Thanks, and for the tip too! 

Hi Pekka,

Did you have a chance to do a dry run yet and if yes how did it go please? 
Think I might be in the same situation as you soon, as I will start a Revell Porsche kit which needs a bit of filling at the rear. 
Cheers

Johnny b 

On 2/20/2022 at 8:38 AM, alteregoni said:

Hi

I'm building Tamiya Lexus LFA at the moment. There is some ankward gaps on body shell, where sanding putty is really hard to do right. 

So I'm thinking to use putty what you don't have to sand. 

I have tube of Vallejo. My question is does it react under lacquer etc. paints? I'm using Tamiya decanned surface primer and Gravity Spain base coat and 2k clear. 

Pekka 

Hi, I've used this under lacquer based primer and painted with paint thinned with Mr. Color leveling thinner with no problems. Also used it in combination with Tamiya gray putty, again no issues. I just find it doesn't sand well until fully cured - 4 to 5 days. In the appropriate situations, it can be very useful.

• Like 1