Tu-95MS Bear H

Incredible, I love all the different shades of silver and gray intermixed. I had no idea that a Tu-95 could be so colorful - not in the vibrant way, only in variation. Excellent work!

• Thanks 1

That is brilliant, really well done. It may seem a strange thing to say but it must take a lot of determination and modelling stamina to see this project through. Excellent!

Edited by Classic 315
  • Thanks 1

Again, thank you all so much for the comments and likes. Much appreciated.

10 hours ago, billn53 said:

Love it! This would go great with my 1/72 B-36 (if I ever get around to building it 😆

Its big and silver, got to be done, you know you want to!😃

6 hours ago, Pyradus said:

Incredible, I love all the different shades of silver and gray intermixed. I had no idea that a Tu-95 could be so colorful - not in the vibrant way, only in variation. Excellent work!

Thank you. Yes, every aircraft scheme on the Begemot sheet had differences in the panelling, It was difficult to choose which one to do but I chose the one that had more variations of silver. I didnt want to end up with a monotone result.

3 hours ago, Maginot said:

More masks required than a Zorro convention I'd imagine.

Brilliant. couldnt have said it better 😅

2 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

That is a terrific model! Whose paints did you use?

The aluminiums are by Humbrol, 27002 being gloss, the greys are Xtra Color, (gloss). all are enamels.

1 hour ago, Vultures1 said:

that must have taken metres of masking tape!

I took out shares😃

56 minutes ago, Classic 315 said:

That is brilliant, really well done. It may seem a strange thing to say but it must take a lot of determination and modelling stamina to see this project through. Excellent

Thanks. I usually have a couple of little projects on the go while Im doing a big one, but this one I did straight off as I like the Bear so much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Its big and silver, got to be done, you know you want to!😃

You’re right about that! I do like big, silver aircraft, especially if they have a lot of counter-rotating props. I thought this one would scratch my itch, but it’s been a while and I need another hit . . .

48597155817_3abf410eb9_b.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marcello Rosa said:

Just out of curiosity…how big is your shelf?

Its in the shed and is just big enough!😄. It has to share with others including a Tu-126.

1 hour ago, billn53 said:

You’re right about that! I do like big, silver aircraft, especially if they have a lot of counter-rotating props. I thought this one would scratch my itch, but it’s been a while and I need another hit . . .

Now that is very nice indeed.

• Like 1

Totally awesome!

I don't necessarily identify as a fan of Soviet aircraft, but the big exception for me is the Tupolev "Bear".

You have captured the majesty and presence of the aircraft with outstanding skill.

Brilliant!  :clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, scalemodeller54 said:

Looks Brilliant  , I think this has to be one of the best TU-95 Bear builds I have seen , Well done

5 hours ago, kapam said:

Totally awesome!

I don't necessarily identify as a fan of Soviet aircraft, but the big exception for me is the Tupolev "Bear".

You have captured the majesty and presence of the aircraft with outstanding skill.

Thank you both, you are too kind.

Pete……………:gobsmacked:  I enjoy and marvel at your works of art but this might be your finest model built to date.  I tried this kit and gave up on it.  I am impressed and this truly is an inspiration.  Great job Pete!!!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

• Thanks 1