Italeri 1/9 Harley

Italeri 7401 1/9 scale

Harley Davidson WLA 750

This is my 1/9 scale Harley that I finished during the Christmas holidays (only just got round to editing and uploading the pics).

I've also previously made the BMW with sidecar and the Triumph in the same scale.

I've enjoyed making them all and they now make a nice trio on my shelf.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 39
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

So good, love the leather effect, good job!

Thank you. The leather was an area I tried to improve on from previous efforts, to try and get some depth and variety of colour and make it look more realistic, so it's encouraging to get a comment like that.

2 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Really nice. Can we see the other 2 please?

George

Here you go, I've dusted them off a bit and taken some pics.

I made these two a couple of years ago when I was less experienced and it shows a bit.

The weathering is perhaps a bit heavy handed and the decals on the BMW are not great, but I was happy with them at the time considering the level I was at.

I've also included an image with a 1/35 scale jeep next to the Triumph to give an idea of the size.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Hola Trevor L

.They are three great examples of scale model, they look really nice.
The BMW doesn't look bad at all IMHO, dirty but not over the top.
I remember seeing these three in an ESCI catalog that I still have from the year 1980 perhaps?...
Cheerd and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Natter said:

Very, very nice. The superb leather has been mentioned several times. How did you achieve that effect - acrylics or oils?

Thanks. I used acrylics. A tan colour base coat then dry brushed a darker shade, building it up to create some colour variation, and finished it by dry brushing a dark brown on the edges and a few other patches.

I have also used a mix of both since to create a darker leather - mid brown acrylic, then dry brushed burnt and raw umber.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Natter said:

Very, very nice. The superb leather has been mentioned several times. How did you achieve that effect - acrylics or oils?

Thanks. I used acrylics. A tan colour base coat then dry brushed a darker shade, building it up to create some colour variation, and finished it by dry brushing a dark brown on the edges and a few other patches.

I have also used a mix of both since to create a darker leather - mid brown acrylic, then dry brushed burnt and raw umber.

Bikes are not really my thing but I can appreciate good models.  All three are very good, my favourites are, the Triumph first then the BMW and then the Harley.

As others have said, the rust on the Triumph especially on the exhaust looks fantastic as does the leather on the Harley.

The only improvement I would offer is the MG34 on the BMW - it looks too silver especially at this scale, I feel it should be a blue/black colour with a metallic sheen and slight wear.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nheather said:

Bikes are not really my thing but I can appreciate good models.  All three are very good, my favourites are, the Triumph first then the BMW and then the Harley.

As others have said, the rust on the Triumph especially on the exhaust looks fantastic as does the leather on the Harley.

The only improvement I would offer is the MG34 on the BMW - it looks too silver especially at this scale, I feel it should be a blue/black colour with a metallic sheen and slight wear.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, and a fair comment about the gun. I made that about two years ago, and nowadays I usually paint such things black with some silver to create wear and scratches. You can just about make it out on the Harley gun.

Great builds. I have often seen these in the shops and wondered how they built up. Based on your excellent efforts, I may be tempted to add one to the stash. 

• Like 1