F-4J UK

Monty Python

Possibly done to death but here goes my question

About to start the ZM F-4J but will be done as a 74sq aircraft. Kit gives both J & S cockpit parts. Which should be used as I believe the aircraft were re-worked before hand over to the RAF. Have a list of other bits and pieces to sort out on the kit.

TIA

42 minutes ago, Monty Python said:

Possibly done to death but here goes my question

About to start the ZM F-4J but will be done as a 74sq aircraft. Kit gives both J & S cockpit parts. Which should be used as I believe the aircraft were re-worked before hand over to the RAF. Have a list of other bits and pieces to sort out on the kit.

TIA

I think you might find this article interesting

https://www.key.aero/article/f-4juk-phantoms-vietnam-vets-raf-service

2 hours ago, Selwyn said:

you can't read it without a subscription

Selwyn

That’s odd Selwyn. You are quite right when I try it on my mobile phone just now I got the same experience but I have looked at it online with the desk top earlier today and on an earlier topic a few weeks ago when this topic came up before and it accessed in full no problem both times

Thats weird 

12 minutes ago, JohnT said:

That’s odd Selwyn. You are quite right when I try it on my mobile phone just now I got the same experience but I have looked at it online with the desk top earlier today and on an earlier topic a few weeks ago when this topic came up before and it accessed in full no problem both times

Thats weird 

I think key.aero is putting up the paywall based on how you found the article.  I followed the link in this thread and hit the paywall.  I did a Google search on F-4J(UK) modifications and the same link showed up in the results.  But following it from Google let me in.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Steve McArthur said:

I did a Google search on F-4J(UK) modifications and the same link showed up in the results.  But following it from Google let me in.

that’s how I did it before and got the whole thing. Cutting and pasting the link seems to cause the problem. Something new every day

• Like 2

Initially only a limited amount of UK equipment was installed (including the equipment to handle the Sky Flash missiles). RAF aircrew even had to wear USN flying equipment. The prominent DECM antennas on the intake shoulders were actually empty. Later they changed to UK spec flying equipment, not long before retiring them! 

I tried following the link from Google but it still hit me with the paywall

• Like 1