Blackbird in its Barn

8 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

I love the diorama. Really superb work - thanks for sharing! 

Thanks.  She is wearing the 48101 Caracal decal set.  I do like the late airframe look

37 minutes ago, bar side said:

Like sinister!  Originally meant left handed!

In Italian 🇮🇹 "sinistra" is "left" as well...Maybe that is why they use the alternative "port" ( and starboard) in aviation and naval context :D

2 minutes ago, exdraken said:

In Italian 🇮🇹 "sinistra" is "left" as well...Maybe that is why they use the alternative "port" ( and starboard) in aviation and naval context :D

Left hand side heraldry so probably from the same root.  Port & starboard must have been to avoid ‘your left or mine?’ questions!  Just reading up that starboard was the steering board or paddle side.  You couldn’t easily pull up to the dock on that side, so the other side went to the port.  Shame sinister isn’t used more!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bar side said:

Left hand side heraldry so probably from the same root.  Port & starboard must have been to avoid ‘your left or mine?’ questions!  Just reading up that starboard was the steering board or paddle side.  You couldn’t easily pull up to the dock on that side, so the other side went to the port.  Shame sinister isn’t used more!

Yeah!

I also always though that "right" as opposed to "wrong" might lead to confusion..  :D

don't think it was politically though.... :whistle:

• Like 1