1/48 Mitsubishi Zero-sen A6M2 type 21 - TAMIYA

Hi Folks!

It's been a while since my last post... parenthood takes a lot of my time nowadays... but -as I'm sure a lot of you do- I have become a "night owl" regarding this beatiful hobby.

The legendary Mitsubishi Zero have been a pending model on my hangar, so I bought this classic Tamiya kit from the 90's and decided to give it a go. In the meanwhile, Eduard released their outstanding new tool, but I decided to keep on with the venerable Tamiya kit.

So, I entered the twilight zone of the Japanese colours on these early models... you know what I mean. After reading and laughing a lot, and thinkin about the very special bunch of human beings we modellers are..., Nick Millman's research on his pdf (and a lot of the debate on its lovely page) gave me the last push to decided for AK REAL COLORS... RC 302 IJN J3 Hai-iro (grey, for the ailerons and fabric parts) and lighten RC 303 IJN J3 SP (amber grey, for the main fuselage).

So, no more words, here is the finished model, representing the aircraft flew by ace Saburo Sakai in 1942, Bali.

Happy modelling to all!

Cris.

IMG_E8023 IMG_E8025

IMG_E8026 IMG_E8027 IMG_E8030 IMG_E8031 IMG_E8035

Edited by Cris Garcia
  • Like 40

18 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Wonderful looking Zero. The lightened, slightly yellow area in the mid section really brings the model to life.:like:

Pete

Oh thanks Pete! Yes, fuselage main body was a different section from wings and tail unit, therefore the slight difference of tones.