Stateside F-4s from the 1980s - a few more added

RidgeRunner

Hi all, 

Apologies if I've post some of these before but I re-scanned them and posted them on another forum. I therefore wanted to share them with you. I hope you like them. THey were all taken around the South and Mid West in 1980 and 1982. 

Martin

TH7

CAP9

MONT4

DAL6

BREG3

pha31

STL3

TYN13

TYN103

KEY4

pha4

TH8

DAL4

DAL1

DAL5

pha13

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Cracking shots and nicely scanned. What a great time the 80s were for aircraft variety, high vis unit markings and proper camo.  Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration to get building!

Mark

• Like 5

No need to apologise for ever posting images of Phantoms! A great set of shots and what a treat to be able to see them. As Mark rightly says proper camo and lots of nice, bright unit markings. Thanks for sharing these. 

I've shared the link with my two airplane chums from that era, one of whom particularly likes the Phantom.  I like the "snapshot in time" aspect of this grouping, and agree that the wide variety of colors and markings was interesting.  Even the "boring old grey" is nice in company with other flavors.

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Stateside F-4s from the 1980s - a few more added
25 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Thanks for the photos Martin, you can never have too many photos (or kits) of Phantoms. :like:

I’m sorry to say that I dont have any F-4 kits :(

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

I’m sorry to say that I dont have any :(

The new Tamiya F-4B is a lovely kit, but I have not neglected the Zipper, I have just received the latest Kinetic F-104A/C and CF-104 kits.

3 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

The third photo with the RF-4C, that dark green seems ominously close to a charcoal grey or black.

It seems darker than the blue in the star-n-bar.

Probably just how the sun was picking it up, or my error in Photoshopping! Having said that the original K25 is pretty much the same :)

• Like 1